1972 Early Bay stolen 9/1/17

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilma72

Reaction score
Hi all,
our beloved camper van was stolen last night from the Carshalton area (SM5) in Surrey. Registration number JAY 362L.
See attached photos, if anyone approaches you with an offer to buy it, or you happen to see it please call me immediately on 07775 784478. It's the cross over model with the low front indicators and bigger rear lights. It's got a white roof and matching bumpers, it has a Westfalia roof which hinges at the front and the bodywork is immaculate, its an off-white / light putty colour (same as Herbie the beatle). Interior is dark brown upholstery with cream piping, it has a chequered cream and brown floor – see photos.

Please keep your ears to the ground, I would really appreciate any help and support tracking it down.
Many thanks, James.

Hello James,

I'm very sorry to hear. I get really crossed when this happens :x :x :x
It amazes me how often campers get stolen in the UK :shock: . It's an island after all and small! Where the hell do these thieves go after stealing and where do they hide the vans? It seems to me so risky...i really don't understand.

I'll keep my eyes open cross the channel...but i know the chances of finding it are very slim :(

All the best,
Gustavo

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
James, it may be that somebody finds it, but it will be difficult for them to hide the van, and years later it appears to sell with another license.
It's the same in Portugal, unfortunately.

Hope it gets retrieved, as above, I'd love to know where stolen vans end up as the power of the internet nowadays means you can't take a dump without someone else knowing about it.

Out of interest, how was the van stored and what security was in place - it might help serve as a reminder for others trying to protect their pride and joy.

That's right, the power of the internet allowed us to locate it earlier today, just a few miles from where it got stolen – fucking unbelievable, and a relief like you can't imagine.

We posted on Facebook and other social media channels, the word spread and someone spotted it parked up on the end their street and notified us so we went and picked it up.

It really does go to show how powerful it can be, and I've never been a huge fan, until now!

We've had a lot of people to thank today.

Thanks all for the kind words.

I bought a tracker to fit on mine, gutting to lose it, glad you got her back

Really really pleased for you. Thank God a happy ending for a change. I have a list on number plates in my phone of stolen buses that I keep "just in case I see - you never know."

Like everyone on here, I would be GUTTED if it happened to me.

Great news!

Latest posts