• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971 Sun Dial camper

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannyz

Reaction score
Here's a nice 1971 Sun Dial Camper for sale based on a Deluxe Bus. Most people don't know that the different American Campers exist because Volkswagen Of America sent VW newsletters to all VW dealers in the USA. The letter informed the dealers not to service any US VW campers and not to sell Buses to the American camper companies. So the different camper companies sent employees to buy Buses and asked customers to bring there own Buses for the camper conversion. All this because there was a year and a half waiting list for a Westfalia in the USA. When a Westfalia sale fell through at a VW dealer the dealer had a list of people waiting for a Westfalia. I learned this form the Onwer of Easy Camper many years ago. Its from Bob Smith of Hollywood Calif, look at the original license plates and VW dealer frames. This is a California Bus so its very dry. Very minor to No Rust. This Bus was ordered with air cond. The A/C pump is missing it looks like everything else is there. It has a 1600 cc engine and runs good. Transmission works good no issues. Brakes work good, steering is fine. Original VW bumpers with Patina, bumpers have accessories bumper guards. Comes with roof rack , ladder and side step. Original color repainted once. The drivers front left had been hit and fixed, its not to serious. $7500 and I can deliver the Bus to the shipper in Stanton Cali. More info and photos soon

MVC-001S-2.jpg

MVC-002S-2.jpg

MVC-003S-2.jpg

MVC-004S-2.jpg

MVC-005S-2.jpg

Bob Smith of Hollywood license plate frames with original blue California license plates.

MVC-012S-2.jpg

Original 70s California license plates
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr343/mrhanover/MVC-029S-2.jpg[/IMG
Bob Smith Hollywood frames deluxe trim on front air vent
[img]http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr343/mrhanover/MVC-036S-1.jpg

MVC-006S-2.jpg

Minor surface rust
MVC-007S-1.jpg

MVC-008S-1.jpg

Original side step

MVC-009S-1.jpg

Very dry rockers

MVC-014S-2.jpg

Dry front floors
MVC-019S-1.jpg

MVC-030S-2.jpg

MVC-032S-3.jpg

minor surface rust

1600cc engine runs good. Bus was ordered with A/C Compressor & bracket are missing looks like everything else is there

MVC-034S-2.jpg

MVC-018S-2.jpg

MVC-025S-4.jpg

MVC-015S-1.jpg

MVC-033S-3.jpg

Sun Dial and California motor home tag.
Minor rust
MVC-022S-2.jpg

MVC-021S-2.jpg

front repair nothing serious
MVC-036S-1.jpg

MVC-028S-3.jpg

The only part missing from the camper interioris the ice Box.

rear interior
MVC-020S-1.jpg

MVC-023S-1.jpg

front cab
MVC-024S-2.jpg

MVC-037S-1.jpg

MVC-017S-3.jpg

MVC-016S-1.jpg

MVC-013S-2.jpg

Latest posts