• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 Westy import for sale, new price £9250

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowblind

Reaction score
Reluctantly selling my Bay to fund other projects, it was listed a couple of months ago for sale but my heart wasn't really into selling!
I bought the camper from Graham at Midland Early Bay a couple of years ago and have done quite a few bits in getting it on the road since then. It is in need of a new poptop canvas and front cab seats and needs work on the body, but I've always loved its lifetime of scars. below is a list of some of its good and bad points.

It has a 1600 twinport engine with dual carbs and bugpack exhaust
Replacement OG heat exchangers
New starter motor fitted last summer
All original Westy interior
New Clutch and Accelerator cables
New Windscreen
Seals generally very good, Engine bay and tailgate seals do need replacing.
Just fitted new drivers side window mechanism
Rust free, being a Cali import, battery tray replaced. Cab floor in great condition.
MOT passed with a couple of advisories.

The camper does need a new ignition switch, and window wiper arm and spindle which I will try and do prior to any sale.
Please contact me for further information and I will try my best to describe the camper in greater detail, though viewing is highly recommended. Its a lovely camper and I'll be sad to see her go but needs must, and most of the hard work has been done on her. Price I'm looking for is £9500 or a near offer. Thanks, Ian

P.S Please ask if you require further photos as I've had trouble getting more than a couple on here before!

029.jpg

016.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Picture036.jpg

P2260138.jpg

P2260141.jpg

P2260152.jpg

P2260161.jpg

P2260162.jpg

P2260154.jpg

Hey there Snowblind,

Ian here from Suffolk im Interested to find out more about your camper, im a first time buyer and first time Camper really, so id really appreciate a chat and finding out about your camper.

If you could give me a message back id be very gratefull

Many thanks.

Ian

Latest posts