1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Splashed out on some Goodridge braided hoses and some EBC uprated pads to work with the drilled & vented discs.

Hard lines and line lock installation next, just waiting on the CSP 5x130 drums to arrive

My good friend and floor layer Alun Williams (AW Flooring) came up for the weekend for many drinks and to lay a nice fresh floor in the bus 8)

Doing overtime in the tyre fitters workshop at work this weekend so I thought I’d take advantage :mrgreen:

Also had these arrived yesterday. CSP 5x130 early bay drums. Bloody expensive, £147 each :shock: but adaptors are crap and I needed new drums anyhow so it was the logical route to go down.

So these arrived the other day

I’m very strict on using bolts with the suitable tensile strength and torqueing EVERYTHING correctly, takes a bit mote time but it’s better that things stretching, sheering and coming loose...

Very happy with the outcome :) Just gotta fit EBC green stuff pads

Tyres all ready to fit too

165/55 15’s & 185/65 15’s on replica 15x5.5 gas burners with a 45mm offset.

Cheers for all the positive feedback people, it’s appreciated. The bus very nearly got sold unfinished last year, not fishing for sympathy lol but last year was incredibly difficult for me, got made redundant and struggled for a few months in shit jobs until I got the position at the docks and I also lost my dad To cancer which proper fucked me up. Those who know me personally will know how close I was to him and it was he that steered me into engineering and got me into Volkswagens so that had quite a determental to my view on things. If it wasn’t for a legendary group of close friends and the amazing woman I have i wouldn’t have got my shit back together.

Whist awaiting the next delivery of bus parts we decided to give Frans beetle some love. Got a service, tune up adjusted the brakes and fitted an early 80’s Gene Berg shifter. Hector is upgrading his 58 race car and the patina suits the car so for a £150 I thought it was a worthy addition :)

Then in the evening we took a trip down to old Felixstowe harbour 8)

Rear brakes all built up. New shoes, cylinders, hand brake mechanism, fitting kit and cables. Just need to get the drums back from the powder coaters and then it is ready to go back on its wheels

Freshly power coated track rods and new Meyle track rod ends fitted. I know there is no pinch bolts in the clamps before someone points it out :lol:

New wiring loom should be going in the weekend so that's another big job to soon be knocked off the list :mrgreen:

New loom is pulled though, so hopefully over a few evenings it will be all terminated and connected up

When I brought my 091 gearbox it came with the late bay mid mount. I’ve been wanting to make some form of middle transmission mount in order to help getting the power down when I launch it, so I figured I might as well save myself some work and just alter the mount which come with the box.

Seems to fit nicely, just gotta weld up the mount, then drill the fuel tank shelf floor and weld in some drilled plates to strengthen it

StuF said:
Show winner in the making buddy - looks stunning

Cheers Stu 8) However, Once upon a time I yearned after a magazine feature and to win at shows but these days I really couldn’t give a shit about that stuff :lol: these days I just want a bus that is fun to drive and takes me on hoilday. Hopefully you’ll get to see it next summer

Latest posts