• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 RHD U.K panel van,76 000 m neptune blue £2000 no offers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gdaykombis

Reaction score
1970 U.K model
Neptune blue
walk thru
front seat present and in good condition
dash uncut
1500 single port and box present and installed
V5 in my name and sorn'd
front and rear bumpers present

I brought this van at van fest 08, it was too good to not buy!! It really is a solid bus. The story with it and the tax disc supports this that it spent 16 years in a railway arch lockup in east London.In the door shut there is a service sticker from the vee wee centre in Brixton which supports the mileage. The chap I brought it from had been after it for a long time. Like all things in life when he got it it wasnt what he wanted anymore!!

I was going to get around to getting it back on the road as our shop truck but we are just too busy to spend the time on it. The pictures show we started to flat it back to reveal the original paint, in the end I decided I wanted to just repaint it in its original colour so we stopped.

I do not have any up to date shots as its in the back of our body work shop, I will of course extract it if there is enough interest. I want to see it on the road and need the space so hence the fair price (I feel) as I could easily brake and make more for it in roof cut, engine, box, dash etc etc.

Work needed:

Welding!!
Inner and outer nose/valance
screen area
front panel had spare wheel fitted at some point and evidently there was a dent!! lots of filler!!
Slider has a home made ally panel riveted to the bottom, so repair needed.
both cab door bottoms need work
cab floor half on n/s and o/s or just localised repair
rear arches are good
battery trays are good
outer sills will need doing
unsure on inners at present

Get it going and mot'd!! Simple as that really, ha ha

To be honest I have not hit it with a wire wheel in the usual areas so do not want over sell it!! That said it is so clean and tidy in the back. There are no rust thru holes and the original primer in the rear load area is un damaged

Gutters and roof are fine.

Engine turns freely and these 1500's are so reliable I doubt there would be a problem with it!!

I could brake it for more but this van is way too good to do that too.

I have all of the hanging panels in stock for this:

cab doors
RHD rust free panel van sliders
tail gate
engine lid

70panel001.jpg

70panel002.jpg

70panel1.jpg

70panel10.jpg

70panel12.jpg

70panel17.jpg

70panel19.jpg

70panel5.jpg

70panel7.jpg

70panel20.jpg

70panel9.jpg

70panel13.jpg

i wish i had the cash for this
it looks very nice maybe i will win some money on the lotto

This is such a good panel and price!! I can not believe no one has come to view/buy. You will all regret it if I slam it and put it on the road!! :D :D

Well be quick as I thought it was such a good deal it would sell.. Everyone wants a panel etc etc etc etc when one comes along!!! silence!!!!

If not sold by the weekend we are going to cut it up and turn it in to a hot dog stand.. oh and a mobile dog wash.. actually that isn't a bad idea..

Gdaykombis said:
Well be quick as I thought it was such a good deal it would sell.. Everyone wants a panel etc etc etc etc when one comes along!!! silence!!!!

If not sold by the weekend we are going to cut it up and turn it in to a hot dog stand.. oh and a mobile dog wash.. actually that isn't a bad idea..

So true mate.

I hope it's proper all-beef hot dogs, like they do back home :lol:

Mobile dog wash? You may be on to something here! Just park it in a supermarket car park.

Latest posts