• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1969 Volkswagen Microbus Deluxe SOLD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSpeed

Reaction score
Working 6 day weeks between two jobs means that I just don't think i'm going to have time to use my bus this summer so regretfully it is up for sale.

So basically the bus has had a shed load of re-commissioning work done since being imported including:
- 2x new CV joints.
- 1x new track rod.
- 2x new H4 RHD headlamps and bulbs.
- Electric washer bottle.
- New ply door panels and roof lining.
- New windscreen and genuine VW seal.
- New starter motor.
- New coil, condensor, plugs, carburettor, inlet manifold boots, HT leads, fan belt, fan shroud hoses, j tubes, exhaust etc.
- New wipers, new bulbs where necessary etc. All electrics seem to be working ok and are RHD MOT ready.

All the import and customs paperwork necessary to register the van is present and all VAT has been paid. Apart from two localised repairs to the cab floor the rest of the van is totally unwelded. The chassis is in great original condition and does not need any repairs and the door bottoms etc are all great! They don't come much drier than this.

The original paint is still present on many of the panels and has a nice patina. No filler or dodgy repairs to be found on this bus. The engine is a 1600TP with brand new complete standard exhaust system and carburettor and seems to run nicely enough. All the van needs is finishing touches, a little bit of fettling and tailoring to your own personal taste.

A fantastic blank canvas to start off with and great project if you don't like welding/grinding! I am in no rush to sell but could do with the space so I am offering the van as is for £5500. If it doesn't sell I'll happily add the finishing touches and increase the price to suit. Try finding another Deluxe bus this solid for the asking price!

P1040890.jpg

P1040899.jpg

P1040900.jpg

P1040892.jpg

Extensive photos can be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wq5p896lq1az2r7/vyWqzteOxx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am looking for £5500 as is but am open to offers. Would possibly consider selling for less without the engine too.

The bus is located in Felixstowe, Suffolk.

Contact me by PM or email: [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts