1969 rhd campmobile

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
totally stoked that your happy dave.Totally upset by the shipping damage on the last foto though ..thats bad and am just upset that an original paint rhd german built earlybay westy got damaged on the sea.Its a rare rare beast.How many rhd early bay westy are out there that were built in germany with service history from touring europe....Its one very special bus that you`ve been entrusted with dave.Enjoy :mrgreen:

Right started work took her to Dubsatthebeach for a Family holiday first ;) told everyone that the rad on the front was my Bar,b ,,, :lol:

she is now lowered on S,A, Sprintstars
fitted rear Jailbars
taken the Bar,b off the front ;) and fitted a new rad under the van thanks to my mate Matt 8)
will get some new pics up soon heres some interior pics

026-4.jpg

027-2.jpg

Few pics of her lowered now on Black S,A , Sprintstars , got to get the wheels detailed now over the Winter

Image0400.jpg

Image0399.jpg

Image0397.jpg

Pic of the front without the Rad / BBQ on the front

Image0398.jpg

old pic with the Rad on the front
whitewesty6.jpg

Love this bus it's ace...
But what's with the buddy seat? Never seen one like that

Hi Dave

The bus indeed looks cool, diesel power yay 8) Callum liked it in the front :lol:

Ill post those caps this week.

Just

scott wilson said:
breaking news is its actually a 69 collected from the factory in germany..

...and will also explain why its a white westy in rhd ...

and its technically a campmobile not a so67r..

And the difference would be? I thought both terms applied. The interior layout is indeed SO67R, and I'm sure this will be confirmed by the westy ID plate on the base of the Z-bed. The SA-built SO67R westies originally had Campmobile stickers on the side of the sink/ice box unit, so I would say you have a tourist delivery SO67R Campmobile.

Scott, I do know of one more TE-coded SO67 in ZA, other than the "Cape Town rust bucket". :lol:

And I'm still waiting for your call so we can meet for a drink. 8)

Well started a few bits to the Old girl :lol: shes down Newport having a few jobs done in V Dub Factory

As you no shes Running a 2lt toyota diesil tubor :lol: Motor :shock:
well she came with that from sunny S,A . and didnt think i was going to Keep it in there but hey its runs really well and sounds so sweet :lol:

So had the old rad up front :| aka bbq :lol: Taken off

So needed to get this done asap so had a rad fitted under the van with air scoops been having a few over heating probs, back to work on her

first is my 3 way flyer Gearbox i picked up over the few months and my westfalia towbar ready to tow my westy trailer 8)
and the boys have got the beast out :D ready to change pipes also fit a bigger rad also extra water tank
will try get some pics up later,

Latest posts