Ninove

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin L

Reaction score
Anyone going to Ninove this year?
Is it worth going to, will be myfirst visit if I can make it over?

Yes, it's worth the trip.
The actual show, FreddyFiles, where the town is filled with air-cooled vehicles is on the Sunday.
Cheers Sparky.
Is it a free show in the town or is it a ticketed event? Can't seem to find any info about it on tinternet.

It’s free to walk around but if you want to park in the town and be part of the show there is an entry free . The first people in get a goody bag which has a couple of nice souveniers in , when they run out it’s just for parking.

There is a gathering at the brewery on Saturday which is free , apart from beer/food, and there is a meal on Saturday night which is pre book only.

Best to follow the event on social media for information. It’s generally pretty informal though.

Suggestion - drive in the organised UK cruise from Calais on Saturday, go to the brewery. Sleep in your bus on the edge of town Saturday and have a few beers in town. Drive into the event/town on Sunday morning.

It’s free to walk around but if you want to park in the town and be part of the show there is an entry free . The first people in get a goody bag which has a couple of nice souveniers in , when they run out it’s just for parking.

There is a gathering at the brewery on Saturday which is free , apart from beer/food, and there is a meal on Saturday night which is pre book only.

Best to follow the event on social media for information. It’s generally pretty informal though.

Suggestion - drive in the organised UK cruise from Calais on Saturday, go to the brewery. Sleep in your bus on the edge of town Saturday and have a few beers in town. Drive into the event/town on Sunday morning.
Thanks Clem. Don't partake in social media, this is the furthest I have gone! My cousin who I am going with does I think, will nudge him to have a look.
All sounds good, your suggestion may well be taken. Is this what you have done in the past?

Thanks Clem. Don't partake in social media, this is the furthest I have gone! My cousin who I am going with does I think, will nudge him to have a look.
All sounds good, your suggestion may well be taken. Is this what you have done in the past?
Yes, pretty much. Driven to Folkestone/Dover area and got a cheap Premier Inn on Friday night, get an early ferry/train on Saturday morning and join the cruise to the Brewery.
I've had a hotel usually on the Saturday night, but it can be a pain as they are often out of town and needed taxi's. Many people on here slept in their buses in or close to town without a problem. Then get an early evening ferry or train back to the UK.
Its a few years now since I've been, but I assume the fundamentals remain the same - just the prices are higher :D

Same here, brewery Saturday and camp somewhere in town. Up early Sunday for the show goodie bag and sticker.
We did start making it a proper weekend by going to Gent on the Friday, but hotels, etc are so expensive now.

1 of the best shows there is, I love the road trip, quality of the cars, the vibe of the brewery meet and show. Only downer is the weather can be very hit & miss.

I won’t be going this year as I want to do EBI and a few other things

1 of the best shows there is, I love the road trip, quality of the cars, the vibe of the brewery meet and show. Only downer is the weather can be very hit & miss.

I won’t be going this year as I want to do EBI and a few other things
Sounds good.....looking forward to it now.

Sounds good.....looking forward to it now.
Just looked at booking tickets on Chunnel.......£258 out and £258 back!! Does this seem the norm or am I just being tight!? £516 to get to France.
3 of us are flying out to Germany return in April for the Techno Classic in Essen for a lot less. Have prices shot up that much worldwide?

Just looked at booking tickets on Chunnel.......£258 out and £258 back!! Does this seem the norm or am I just being tight!? £516 to get to France.
3 of us are flying out to Germany return in April for the Techno Classic in Essen for a lot less. Have prices shot up that much worldwide?
Try the ferries, they used to be a lot cheaper

I posted about this a while back. Used to be about £100 return on Eurotunnel and £60 on the ferry.
I looked to go over at the end of March, which is Easter with a premium, but I was struggling to get it under £400. Plus you now have the Easter chaos at the ferry ports with the extra checks. So, I'm out.

Anyone going to Ninove this year?
Is it worth going to, will be myfirst visit if I can make it over?
Well worth the trip over. I’m up in York and we get the overnight ferry from Hull to Rotterdam, it’s not cheap but I love going. Such a great show and a great place to catch up with friends from here and mainland Europe. Hope to see some of you there. 🤙🏼
Anyone interested in travelling from Hull, we meet up for a cruise over from the North. I have a Facebook group so feel free to join for more information or drop me a message 🤙🏼
The group is “Classic Volks Northerm Cruise to Ninove”.

Well I can only say thank you The Freddy files and Ninove!
Wow....what a show, event and weekend. I can't wait until next year now.
Why can't we as a country run any events like this?
Thanks to Sparky, Clem and Karlos for the tips about the weekend. We did the cruise down from Bonjour services with other Aircooled's. We were too late to get into the brewery for parking (others came after us and got in though.....its not what you know, its who you know obviously) a theme that ran through the weekend!
After parking down the street like a few others it was back into the Witkap brewery for a bit of food and drink and a look over the cars.
Leon pointed me in the right direction for overnight camping, brilliant little spot that I won't be letting on whereabouts.
We didn't fancy the meal or party on Sat night so we made our own entertainment.
Then up early Sun to get to show and the goody bag that I had been told about. We were No. 67 through the gate. My cousin saw them handing out stickers up into the 600's by the time we left!!
And the show.....just brilliant. The whole town taken over by every sort of Aircooled VW.

Will try and get a few pics up later. I rely on my Girlfriend to do this for me ( I'm technology challenged)

Well I can only say thank you The Freddy files and Ninove!
Wow....what a show, event and weekend. I can't wait until next year now.
Why can't we as a country run any events like this?
Thanks to Sparky, Clem and Karlos for the tips about the weekend. We did the cruise down from Bonjour services with other Aircooled's. We were too late to get into the brewery for parking (others came after us and got in though.....its not what you know, its who you know obviously) a theme that ran through the weekend!
After parking down the street like a few others it was back into the Witkap brewery for a bit of food and drink and a look over the cars.
Leon pointed me in the right direction for overnight camping, brilliant little spot that I won't be letting on whereabouts.
We didn't fancy the meal or party on Sat night so we made our own entertainment.
Then up early Sun to get to show and the goody bag that I had been told about. We were No. 67 through the gate. My cousin saw them handing out stickers up into the 600's by the time we left!!
And the show.....just brilliant. The whole town taken over by every sort of Aircooled VW.

Will try and get a few pics up later. I rely on my Girlfriend to do this for me ( I'm technology challenged)
Glad you enjoyed it Martin, if they were only up to the 600's it was quiet, pre Covid it was well over 800 and sometimes into the 1000's. Its one of our favourite euro shows but the ferry price from Hull put us off this year and lots of building still to do.

Latest posts