• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

71 super solid, rust free Westy for sale REDUCED now £14000 ono

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starsailor

Reaction score
Welcome to my, very, reluctant sale of my super solid, rust free, 1971 t2 Westfalia, “Doris”.

Due to a change in circumstances and ill health, I have to sell my beloved Early Bay “Doris”. She was born in 1971, a ‘one year only’ model (low lights, oval rear lights, front disc brakes). I have her original service book, detailing several service stamps in her USA home town. 

During my guardianship I have concentrated my efforts on making her as usable/reliable as possible, this includes;

Reconditioned 1600 single port engine – The VW Engine Company
Reconditioned Gear Box – The EngineShop
New adjustable front beam
Electronic ignition
New battery 
Full service 11/06/21 @ Brookside VW Aircooled

Interior wise, Doris is pretty much a blank canvas. I’ve never liked the idea of cooking inside, preferring to use the awning. This accommodates a full width ‘rock n roll’ bed, which if you are using for more than one/two nights is essential for comfort. Electrical hook up is in the form of a camping type set up giving a fuse protected 3x three pin sockets; in my experience the vast majority of problems with classic VW’s are connected to the electrics, thus preferring this set up. A new canvas pop top was fitted around seven years ago. While the pop top has only been used for extra height, the original hammock is still in situ. 

Bad bits, Doris has been subjected at some point to a poor paint job. This has never bothered me as such as my plan was to return her to her original Chianti Red. While her main body was repainted all of the inside and ‘unseen’ external parts remain OG colour. During her recent service at Brookside VW Aircooled, Simon commented on her underside, stating how clean she was and how immaculate the original paintwork was. 
As I had planned to have Doris resprayed, some of her rubber seals are poorly fitted (same time as poor paint job). 

Sale includes:

‘Well used’ Khyam drive away awning
Halfords 4 way ‘power station’ 
Three socket hook up cable
Pioneer head unit with unique ‘spotlight’ speakers. 
Just Kampers insulated front window blinds
Breathable camper van cover
Various spares/new components 
Bentley workshop manual

Price £15000 ovno REDUCED now £14000 ono

Welcome to my, very, reluctant sale of my super solid, rust free, 1971 t2 Westfalia, “Doris”.

Due to a change in circumstances and ill health, I have to sell my beloved Early Bay “Doris”. She was born in 1971, a ‘one year only’ model (low lights, oval rear lights, front disc brakes). I have her original service book, detailing several service stamps in her USA home town.

During my guardianship I have concentrated my efforts on making her as usable/reliable as possible, this includes;

Reconditioned 1600 single port engine – The VW Engine Company
Reconditioned Gear Box – The EngineShop
New adjustable front beam
Electronic ignition
New battery
Full service 11/06/21 @ Brookside VW Aircooled

Interior wise, Doris is pretty much a blank canvas. I’ve never liked the idea of cooking inside, preferring to use the awning. This accommodates a full width ‘rock n roll’ bed, which if you are using for more than one/two nights is essential for comfort. Electrical hook up is in the form of a camping type set up giving a fuse protected 3x three pin sockets; in my experience the vast majority of problems with classic VW’s are connected to the electrics, thus preferring this set up. A new canvas pop top was fitted around seven years ago. While the pop top has only been used for extra height, the original hammock is still in situ.

Bad bits, Doris has been subjected at some point to a poor paint job. This has never bothered me as such as my plan was to return her to her original Chianti Red. While her main body was repainted all of the inside and ‘unseen’ external parts remain OG colour. During her recent service at Brookside VW Aircooled, Simon commented on her underside, stating how clean she was and how immaculate the original paintwork was.
As I had planned to have Doris resprayed, some of her rubber seals are poorly fitted (same time as poor paint job).

Sale includes:

‘Well used’ Khyam drive away awning
Halfords 4 way ‘power station’
Three socket hook up cable
Pioneer head unit with unique ‘spotlight’ speakers.
Just Kampers insulated front window blinds
Breathable camper van cover
Various spares/new components
Bentley workshop manual

Price £15000 ovno REDUCED now £14000 ono

Hi, has this been sold? Please update.

Latest posts