Camping stove gas fitting

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fallingoffalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2 burner camping stove, which came with my van, but it's missing the fitting that the hose goes over.

Does anyone know what I need? Would this do?

b2f54077d7e692f51a3f6104f88310f0.jpg

1177c165c62d95c12762eb9dbda8e699.jpg

8051036dca9f55b15a48aeb5defd9064.jpg

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

Andy, that don’t look right to me but I know nothing. Our resident gas expert is Jonathon , I’d put this on general or technical might be better and then you may get a better response. I’ve got a brand new two burner if you need one, camping gaz I think it is, but they’re nowhere near as good as the disposable cartridge type fir in and out cooking.

Ozziedog.,,,,,.,.. cooking outside the van is bettererer :mrgreen:

Cheers bud, I've ordered something that looks like it'll fit, failing that I found a supplier that sells that sort of thing, so could send him the photos. Not sure why the PO would take the thing off.

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

Hi, The tail piece in the picture is not recommended for gas as it is a two piece.
Before anybody says anything yes they are ok but one piece is safer.
Take the fitting off the back of the cooker and measure the width of the thread not depth,
and then purchase a one piece tail piece. Loads on fleabay and not expensive.
When sealing I always use PTFE tape first then some goo like Rocol or Boss White, a thin film over the tape.

As I always say if you are not sure go on the Gas Safe web site and you can find the closest registered engineer to you.
Good luck be safe. (thanks ozzie)

J & P
:D :D :D

gas1man said:
Hi, The tail piece in the picture is not recommended for gas as it is a two piece.
Take the fitting off the back of the cooker and measure the width of the thread not depth,
When sealing I always use PTFE tape first then some goo like Rocol or Boss White, a thin film over the tape.

As I always say if you are not sure go on the Gas Safe web site and you can find the closest registered engineer to you.

J & P

surely a single piece fitting is more likely to damage the O ring when tightening it

davidoft said:
gas1man said:

J & P

surely a single piece fitting is more likely to damage the O ring when tightening it

Hi davidoft
Single piece fitting does not have an o ring unless you want to put one in , which is why I advocate the tape and goo method.
J & P

gas1man said:
davidoft said:
gas1man said:

J & P

Hi davidoft
Single piece fitting does not have an o ring unless you want to put one in , which is why I advocate the tape and goo method.
J & P

but the one in the original post does have , so its not suitable

davidoft said:
gas1man said:
davidoft said:

Hi davidoft
J & P

but the one in the original post does have , so its not suitable
The one that is on there is not correct. I reckon it has been changed in the past. But if the shoe fits as they say.
J & P

Just in case anyone cares.... I looked everywhere but couldn't find the correct size thread, it was 11mm, everything I found on line was 1/4", which would have been too big. So given that I need this for this weekend I bought a new Campingaz one that looks almost exactly the same :)

gas1man said:
Best thing , new is safer and will probably last long enough for your use.
:) :) :) :)

J & P
Yes I hope so, what I did notice is that the one on display in the shop had a tail that spun round - with a 2-piece attachment. The one I actually got has a singe piece tail that doesn't swivel round.

My old Camping Gaz 2 ring and grill has a 2 piece that came with it, has a fibre washer to seal and as its mobile I have to undo it every time I pack it away. Never been a problem but I turn the bottle off when not in use.

Latest posts