Progress Pics - Dormobile X-Over

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hurrah !!!
It works - had to turn it 8 times back in and the clutch bites as it should and could now get it in every gear with no issues :)

Will add a few more things (windscreen washer bottle etc) then take it off of SORN and take it round the block to see how it behaves

Thanks everyone for your help so far.

Best bit of news I’ve seen for........ oh about 2 hours! 😊 Seriously....feel over the moon for you. Brilliant, insightful and humbling to have followed your ‘progress’ thread. Bet you can’t wait to get out there now. Weather in September? Crossing fingers for full on sunshine for you. 👏🏼

graysummers said:
Best bit of news I’ve seen for........ oh about 2 hours! 😊 Seriously....feel over the moon for you. Brilliant, insightful and humbling to have followed your ‘progress’ thread. Bet you can’t wait to get out there now. Weather in September? Crossing fingers for full on sunshine for you. 👏🏼
Thanks - yes, very pleased and hoping to get it on the road soon :D

I popped on here to see if you’d finished it yet. Looks like you’re very close.

Sorted out the reverse lights with new cable etc. All working as can be seen from the pics below.
Also wired up the oil pressure light.

Pic of the wiring to the gearbox.

20220116_152346.jpg

Pic of the lights lit up :)

20220116_151936.jpg

mike202 said:
Engine bay looking very clean!

Glad you’re back working on the van.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks Mike
Just ordered a few bits to get it further along !

Looking good for this year for you to get out there. Bet that small excursion of driving felt amazing. Soon be out and about and talking to your Bus like it’s listening and understanding. Bet you’ll find yourself patting the shelf above your dashboard and smiling. I’ve retired now (last July), so a bit more time to get out there myself. Having a few problems with this pesky new grade E10 petrol though. Keep an eye on that one Andy. All the best. 👍

Latest posts