Andyo11's 1969 Kombi - Shortys Old Bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had the engine out to sort the cooling flaps and thermostat, also fitted a hoover piece.

Luckily came across this little beauty 091 6 rib and had to have it so fitted it while I was at it :D

wot an awesome day to get the floor laid, went for the classic chess board look. All ready for its trip to see Mr Richards ;)

ok been doing some wiring and stereo fitting, first up was to run a 7 core cable from front to back to take care of all the power supplies needed. Then I fitted an Extreme van split charge system on top of the battery after Id made a support for it above the battery as I was struggling to find a place for it. Need to tidy the wires yet

After that I fitted a diode to the Aspro tacho and connected one of the cores to the coil and hey presto away it went, looks awesome :D

Next up was to fit my working radio that I'd bought for my previous bay but never got round to fitting. Fitted a speaker into the dash and connected that to the radio. connected it to split charge system, well pleased with the way it sounds.

Then decided to fit a nice head unit into the glove box. I bought a new plastic glove box and made a wooden support box to house the unit.

So after a lot of swearing and struggling I managed to get the new glove box fitted and connected the wiring up, also made new kick panels to fit the 4" front speakers in. Whilst I was at it I fitted a power point in the drivers side kick panel to power my sat nav. These will be covered in vinyl when it goes to Kens Customs.

Ok big update time, the bus was begging for an interior so off it went to Kens Customs for full interior including door cards, roll and roll bed, front seats, kick panels and seat panels. Absolutely awesome work by Sam and Keith, smashing couple of blokes to deal with as well, cant recommend them enough.

Update time, finally plucked up courage for a week down Cornwall to see Evil Ben and the crew for a bit of notching, cant recommend these guys enough, superb work, really pleased with it, can get the arse end down now :)

Few pics of Bens bus, one of my all time favourites

Latest posts