Monty the Red Campervan

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome pics, looks stunning so thanks for sharing :)
Looking at doing the NC500 next year but not sure what we will be in !!

Makes sense if you’re wild camping and want to be self contained. We managed to find all campsites on the Outer Hebrides had facilities so had no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike great pics, I do not believe it … we’ve been in the Outer Hebrides too as part of our NC500 detour we had 3 nights on Lewis / Harris from Ullapool and back and our back on the mainland at Dornie (Dornan Castle), wild camped on Skye last night … covered 1300+ miles since 2/7/21 … Van is loving it aiming to be home for Saturday. We’ll be doing your version next time with the hopscotch ticket from lower down the isles … people so friendly loads of compliments too

bc37df5a827e46eb02d2313a6f95cdba.jpg

c0a8ce4f3e8461e851838cff083ffdc8.jpg

81c8a44953c7895df4f19263a2b17665.jpg

52523e75614063c2630363427b2cba9c.jpg

There’s even a rented Kombicampers 1968 F reg Bay on our site .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice pics -it’s full of great places. Didn’t get to Husinish as we ran out of time and weather !

Glad your bus is going well. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great photos of the isles, and glad u got the weather. I had 13 days of rain and then 2 weeks of sinusitis on return [emoji30]

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Bluesnailman said:
Great photos of the isles, and glad u got the weather. I had 13 days of rain and then 2 weeks of sinusitis on return [emoji30]

Thanks, weather wasn’t too bad even warm some days [emoji23]
Sounds like you were a bit unlucky!
In 2015 I had 23 days in Scotland on holiday, it rained on 21 days.
Not all day, but there was at least a shower on all those days!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bought some new seats from Newton Commercial. SWMBO wanted a headrest so the OG seats had to go. They are very comfortable, looking forward to the next trip.

a0626e1c27882235921433ca1c2105bb.jpg

0194d56c9a2db62e6bf9ee7820d838cf.jpg

Look nice, how do they impact the view from the back seat (no headrests is a plus when you're sitting looking at rain while having dinner)?

ozziedog said:
They look the mutts 8) 8) 8)
Fitting standard runners perhaps ??? And did you put heat pads in em???

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,You might have me thinking now :mrgreen:
Thanks, they come with a subframe to fit to the seat stand.
I didn’t want the heat pad option as I don’t use the van in winter.

fallingoffalot said:
They look great, could have done with something like that when I drove 200 miles straight back from cornwall - my arse was agony when we got home!

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk
Thanks, I’m looking forward to a trip away to give them a good test! One coming up soon! [emoji3]

Latest posts