Splify 67 built uk panel resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a look at rear lamps, got indicators going but no stop lights, ordered new units as I dont want to get rear ended if the brake lights fail again. Gave her a wash and polish before the rains come, roof could do with painting . I have paint but its to difficult for me to get at in my unit.

New lamps should be here today, still a few jobs on interior to do and need to clean the water container with treatment . Starting to get excited about going to BVF now, party time!

Not just party time, but I owe you too and I haven’t forgotten either. Funnily enough Tofufi has just been in contact with me about some flooring section that he’s trying to sort In the next couple of days. I’m putting it on record that he might wanna contact Noah about any tips for welding during the biblical flood thingy :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, good luck to him :mrgreen:

Talking of biblical floods it looks like it might be a bit moist next weekend (bugger) , now how does that awning go up as its been 5 years since I last used it! Well attempting to fit the new rear lamps this morning if the damp stuff will stay away for a bit, new pipe for the cooker as its the original that must be 30+ years old. Noticed I still have a random clunk when turning steering, strange as it was there before and its all "new" now, quick check with a spanner again. V belt has gone slack and need to find my spare as well as spare bulbs, fuses and things. Now where's my water proof coat?

Lamps fitted this morning as it was pissing down yesterday , V belt tightened with 2 shims removed, gas hose fitted and water container filled with treatment. Couple of things to sort now and ready for the road to Brizzle . Making a list so I remember everything , it keeps getting longer!

Well its sort the bus out day ready to set off early tomorrow , looks a bit moist for tomorrow and Friday . Google maps say just over an hour ,60 miles but thats not at bus speed!! All good fun (we hope) and looking forward to this as its been way to long since the last time I used the panel.

Well we made it to the mud bath and back in one piece ,bloody tail gate seal leaked last night but it was facing the monsoon (not that I heard it zzzzzzz) and it looks like its not sat in the groove fully for a few ins . Had enough of the wind,rain and mud and left midday , it was nice to get into a hot shower.

Well after sitting since Bristol I jumped (okay slid in slowly) in and Splif fired straight up with a stab on throttle , sorting all the stuff that got dumped in after last show and loading in the goodies for this weekends frolics at Busfest. Brake linkage is sticking on slightly , a toe under pedal works so it looks like an extra return spring is needed.

That was a fun weekend at Busfest, some questionable entertainment from tribute bands and the disco in the tent was a bit much as it was making my bus vibrate from the bass. Still went to sleep through it Fri night!! Bit damp Friday evening but it was roasting in the afternoon setting up the awning. Nice for the rest of the weekend, enjoyed the music in the chill zone. Anyway took a load of pics but have only managed to upload 2.
B42elFY.jpg
9YmrWo8.jpg

Soon be time to go to the Castle , weather looks good (have my fingers crossed, hard to type) and it will be my last bash/ break for this year.

Well thats it for this year, if my operation goes ahead I will be laid up for a good couple of months from beginning of Nov .

Good to see this early panel back on the road, good work. Now it’s done you can look forward to using it next year when hopefully life resumes more fully. Hope all goes well :)

Need to get my backside in gear and get Splif rolling after its winter layup , TBH cant afford to run and need money to finish my hot rod so good possibility will be up for sale not that I want to.

Sunday hooked up the batteries and with a bit off winding to get fuel into carbs fired up fine. I was surprised battery was okay after sitting 6 months ! Have a classic car show to go to in town for Queens jubilee 2 min walk from my place on 4th .

Tempting the weather gods but its wash and polish day for the show tomorrow , some of the folks in the hot rod club will be bringing there rides so will be great to meet up

Well looks like I did piss the weather gods off, cleaning the bus and then having a barbie !! Never mind at lest I can sit in the bus out of the showers unlike my friends in the MGA roadster.

Latest posts