Progress Pics - Dormobile X-Over

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remind me why I am bothering with this van :(

Sorted out the CV joint for the drive shaft so both installed:

20210502_153257.jpg

20210502_153248.jpg

Jumped into the cab and started the engine, clutch in and engage first gear - as soon as the gear stick is moved forward the wheels start to turn - so the clutch is still not working. WTF :(

Plus a click noise, probably from that CV joint I sorted so I think I will buy a brand new one to be on the safe side.
But why is the clutch still not engaging :(

Before you go crazy with this and that, put a straight edge over your bell housing and measure from the straight edge/ bell housing lip to the thrust bearing face that touches the pressure plate, measure it with your clutch in and with your clutch out. It looks to be moving approximately an inch to an inch and a half ish?. Then using another straight edge on the pressure plate where the thrust bearing is supposed to be touching ish , measure to the back of the motor on the face that mates to the bell housing. Then you’ll have measurements from the same point so you’ll be able to see if you have any chance of it happening because if it ain’t reaching then it won’t de clutch. This is what I was trying to get you to see with the endoscope before you dropped the motor again so you can actually see the action working and what in real life is happening. But measuring might prove it.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,so close, so very very close :mrgreen:

Not been on for a while as the company I work for had a cyber attack and 90% of our computer systems were compromised so ended up working 17 hour days for 3 weeks trying to get our systems back.
Almost there now so will have more time to work on the van!!

Managed to drift out the door hinge pins :)

20210627_153418.jpg

20210627_153422.jpg

The bottom of the door is in need of some tlc so a few pics of what needs to be addressed.

20210627_153434.jpg

20210627_153440.jpg

Along the trailing edge

20210627_153453.jpg

The clutch still doesn’t engage.

https://youtu.be/TQAUP-55Dcg

When pressing the clutch there is no resistance (even after tightening up the cable more) so it feels like the release bearing is not even touching the pressure plate :(

gninnam said:
Not been on for a while as the company I work for had a cyber attack and 90% of our computer systems were compromised so ended up working 17 hour days for 3 weeks trying to get our systems back.
💩
Ouch. That sucks!
Hopef you and your gang are now able to take the foot off the gas and chill out a little now.

gvee said:
gninnam said:
💩
Ouch. That sucks!
Hopef you and your gang are now able to take the foot off the gas and chill out a little now.

It did - you never think it will happen to you and then beginning of last month gets a phone call at 4am from my boss to join a meeting.
2 hours later we shut everything down including the networks then the real fun began - worked with a special team from Microsoft who deal with these incidents and built a brand new domain - 4 weeks later the pedal is off the gas but still a lot to do!

Sorry to hear about the work related issues. As a technophobe I can’t begin to imagine the intensity of the input required. Worrying that at the drop of a hat there are people out there that can do this maliciously. As a nurse I understand unlooked for work pressures and therefore sympathise. Difficult when you’re up against it. 🙁 👎🏼. Your bus? I dip into this site at least twice a week to see if you’re winning the battle. And I also need an Ozzie insightful fix too. Breath of fresh air is our Ozzie. Be good to see you all down the road somewhere, where everyone is super chilled to be able to get out there once again. Looking forward to seeing the spruced up doors. Shame about the niggles you’re getting though. It’ll all fall into place in your expert hands I’m sure. Good luck with it all.

Seem to be fighting an uphill battle with the clutch as everything seems OK but doesn't work :(

gvee said:
graysummers said:
I also need an Ozzie insightful fix too
Does Ozzie do insightful? :msn4:

Oh yes! Been there, done it and wears ‘insightful‘ on his t-shirt. Do like the way Ozzie explains those pesky conundrums with a dose of reality and a 😉 alongside his advice/answers in looking after our Dubs.

Started to prepare everything so I can remove the engine to see if I can work what is going on!

Andy, have a look inside first before you pull it apart. Did this exact clutch ever work? What’s been replaced? The usual suspect will be those funny little clips holding the thrust bearing on to the release arm. But, if you put a scope up inside then you’ll be able to see. An android one is less than a tenner complete with light etc then you’ll see on your phone or surface tablet. They are so easy to get wrong.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,go on,,,ask me how I know :mrgreen:

Cheers Ozzie
New clutch and everything so never used.
When the pedal is pressed you get no resistance and the arm moves 15 degrees or so and before the engine was in the thrust bearing moved a good 50 mm or so (see video a few months back).
I think I asked before but where do you put the scope in to see?

Andy, I know you’ve asked me twice or more as to where to put the scope to take a peep. Well the truth is , I don’t know, I can remember doing it but couldn’t remember how I did it and I kept thinking oh he’ll suss it out just because I couldn’t remember, anyway I was looking at something else under the van, might have been an oil leak but it suddenly jumped into my head where I’d put the scope when I did it years ago. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,answers on a postcard please :mrgreen: ;) :mrgreen:

Latest posts