15" wide 5 rims

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dublicious

Reaction score
I am going to apologise now for the new question.

I may be looking to replace my 14" stock rims to 15", my question is what ones can I use for my bus as I know splits and beetles had them?

Looking for a second hand set and keeping my options open.

Thanks all

Most second hand ones for sale are Beetle rims which are narrow and not a great offset.
JK do new reproduction rims if you can use an inner tube - I still haven’t understood if the requirement is real or advisory?
Crows feet rims are about but not cheap …

Clem said:
Most second hand ones for sale are Beetle rims which are narrow and not a great offset.
JK do new reproduction rims if you can use an inner tube - I still haven’t understood if the requirement is real or advisory?
Crows feet rims are about but not cheap …

Thanks buddy, looking at the cost and some of the challenges I am going to stick to my 14s :)

As mentioned on another thread, if it’s fir a spare, it’s just to get you home so don’t worry unduly about what size it is. In my mind, the smaller the better as it’ll take up less space. Just check that your van is drivable with it front and rear. I’m pretty sure 70s and onward were 14s from stock.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,modern cars have space savers or nuffink but a can. :mrgreen:

Ben72Bay said:
Am struggling to find a standard steel 15” wheel as a spare.
Any suggestions what to look for??

Are you a 72 bus on 112 pcd stud pattern?

Ben72Bay said:
Sorry I missed this Clem.
Yes - 72 bus on 112 pcd

Thanks
Ben

In that case it’s aftermarket wheels only as far as I know. Just Kampers do some 15” stock looking rims in this pcd.

T25 synchro rims are probably quite rare.

Latest posts