Fuel Cap Replacements

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Morning you lucky people!

Just wondering what experiences people have had with replacement fuel caps?

My original one got stolen (Yea thanks fpor that!) and i have now one of the locking stainless ones, which quite frankly is the biggest ball ache to get to stay on and lock, especially when in a petrol station with a shit ton of people behind you! it makes you look like a bellend and have to check it down the road to see if you put it on right!

Anyway, what ones work for you? whats the best and easiest! a simple thing makes the world of difference!

I may just source an original non locking one and remove my fever :lol: let me know what you have and what works well for you :mrgreen:

Same as Mike. I tried a couple different ones, and they either don't fit, or lock the wrong way. So I'm still using the OG non locking one.

cheers guys, this is what i think, just need to source an orig one now :)

I gave up on the lockers as well and went back to the original.

Original non locker for me, i had the locking bbt one but this thing is a complete joke so i returned it!
Tried a NOS locking one but these are super tight and you get the feeling like you could damage something so i sold it.

Had a locking stainless one. But poor seal and a backache to use.

Put the original back on.

But did like the idea of it being locked.

cheers guys, defo gonna try n source an orig as i now cant find mine! ffs

ozziedog said:
Same here Eeeez.

Ozziedog,,,you at Bristol??? :mrgreen:

not at Bristol dood im afraid, uber busy these days tbh but using the bus as much as i can :)

I have found an OG fuel cap and can send it down to BVF with the corner trims for Sparky if you want?

I know you've said you can't make it, but maybe you can collect it off Oz after the show?

gvee said:
I have found an OG fuel cap and can send it down to BVF with the corner trims for Sparky if you want?

I know you've said you can't make it, but maybe you can collect it off Oz after the show?

awesome, thank dood, but i have just found one in my stash, so have a new seal now and it works like a charm. Thanks for the offer tho its very much appreciated :mrgreen: 8)

Latest posts