Dormobile roof seals and interior light.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velgreeno

Reaction score
Hey folks. Im having problems with my roof window seals leaking slightly. Ive tried pretty much all sealants and yet its still coming through. The seals aren't very old either and i did get Dormobile seals but they dont fit that well. I think what's happening is the sealant is melting in hot weather but not sure. What do you folks with Dormobiles do to stop those window roof leaks ? I would like to replace the seals but dont know what the best is to get as i dont want poor quality Also i got the original strip light but the bulb is not the brightest. Is there a brighter equivalent ?. Cheers folks 😊🤙.

What does the bulb look like? Is it a standard type of fluorescent? If so there may be an LED replacement.

With reference to the seals, did you clean any previous sealer off and make sure the roof light apertures are undamaged?
I had seals from Dormobile themselves and used butyl windscreen sealer as a precaution.

https://dormobile.co.uk/parts/volkswagon-parts/

Hey Coda. Its a fluorescent I believe. Il see what I can find on the net about them. Cheers 😊🤙.

Hey Sparky. Yeah the roof was completely stripped painted and restored about 6 years ago but since then there has been a fair bit of sealer put on. Hmm i think im going to have to start from scratch again and look into getting new ones. . Windscreen sealer. Yeah sounds like a good idea. Why didn't i think of that. Cheers dude 😊🤙.

Hey Jinx. Sounds good to me. Thats what i will do. Cheers 😊🤙..

Hi I used seals from dormobile and was going to fit them my self but a chap near me is a vw fan and the manager at my local national windscreen centre I took it to them and they charged me £40 for both windows and guaranteed no leeks. That was a couple of years ago and they have been fine 🤞

Latest posts