Which oil

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the event of a nuclear war where everything is destroyed and devastated, I forsee a lone survivor, crawling through ruinous rubble and after days of survival eating algae and cockroaches and drinking his own sweat, he happens across a gutted building that in the basement, has an abandoned 486 Pentium PC that was long forgotten. It turns on and he manages to connect to an emergency satellite web connection, provided by a young Musk/Grimes teenager who has survived the devastation on the other side of the world. After trying numerous web pages from memory he eventually defaults to a sole message boards where survivors around the world are connecting, giving hope of a new life. A new society, a new future.

In a hasty message the man types 'Hey! World, I am here .... does anyone know if a straight 30 oil will be ok in my aircooled VW still?'

you should be using the weight of oil that gives you 10 psi per 1000rpm when hot, for mine it's 10w30, because I have a blueprinted oil pump that flows well and has tight tolerances.

you should be using the weight of oil that gives you 10 psi per 1000rpm when hot, for mine it's 10w30, because I have a blueprinted oil pump that flows well and has tight tolerances.
But what brand do you use,?, i used Halso 10w30 , tailor made for vw air cooled engines up untill a few years ago, but no longer available , i now use Westway Lubricants 10w40 , has all the necessary additives, if they did a 10w30 i'd use it.

I use Driven HR4 10W-30 , I can get it down the street from work.
the wifes 2110cc uses Penngrade1 10W40

Like a £1 every time this ones cropped up over the years.
I’ve used straight 30 grade (SAE30) in the past, over the last ten years though I use 20w50, Halfords Classic or anything going cheap at the time, never noticed any difference in performance or cooling.

Like a £1 every time this ones cropped up over the years.
I’ve used straight 30 grade (SAE30) in the past, over the last ten years though I use 20w50, Halfords Classic or anything going cheap at the time, never noticed any difference in performance or cooling.
Hey bud. The main differences I noticed after going from straight 30 to multiflavour Halfords Classic was that I used less oil and it leaked slightly less.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,you about this year ? :)

Latest posts