• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shystig

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Bay-less
Van Type
Bay-less
SOLD SOLD SOLD

Lowered

Hi

1969 Dormobile, UK RHD, fully adjustable front & rear suspension, new Propex heater, Valuable Reg SHY 571G (valued at £2000) Reg reads SHY STIG.. Gene Berg Shifter, Kyham quick erect Motordome tourer tent and ground sheet and portable fridge 240v,12v or gas in nearly new condition

Excuse the amount of waffle but i thought it best to describe everything warts and all, if you need to know why I`m selling its that we emigrate to Australia in 2014 so it needs to go .... early crewcab pick up in Oz next ... :D Read below for more details and photos

Engine/Gearbox

She has had a new engine around 5 years ago, it was a brand new Brazilian 1600 twin port, i have covered maybe 8000 miles since and as you can imagine she runs just fine with no leaks or smoke, its also had fitted a new clutch, starter motor, carb and alternator at the same time so good for many miles of trouble free motoring. Just changed the plugs and leads about 6 months ago and the oil is changed very 6 months regardless of miles driven.
The heater works fine, she has genuine heat exhchangers and a standard exhaust.
Gearbox is good oil checked last week has Gene Berg Shifter fitted

Interior

The van did not have a Dormobile interior when I brought it but managed to source a 1970 interior and seats which is now fully fitted and in good order, I will include some extra Dormobile cupboard doors and various interior panels with the sale and a spare table in excellent condition (Hard to find)
The Cooker folds out from under the seat and works fine with the cooker surround(hard to find), there is also a spare and a parts cooker included
I recently brought two dormobile buddy seats these are covered in the original green material and its that good it seemed a shame to recover them.
New underlay and marine board were fitted the floor is absolutely solid it was painted with rust protector and hammertite before refitting... new red flecked heavy duty vinyl flooring has also been fitted.
240v with 2 sockets and RCD fusebox with hook up lead
CTEK trickle Battery charger for leisure battery with extension so main battery can be charged (new Lucas leisure battery with 3 year guarantee)
New JK Thermo mat set included but there are curtains fitted
Original working VDO clock fitted in dash these cost over £100 on Ebay
New Gas pipe throughout and recent Habitation and gas check (receipt to prove)
New ruby red carpet on luggage area
As well as the double bed there are two hammocks (only one fitted as still need to pick up the other from the guy I brought the van off but will sort this within the next week
Spare wheel cover

Brand new Propex Heatsource HS2000 with Vehicle in motion bracket fitted (can be used whilst driving) was fitted about 6 months ago

The pop top is in nice condition with new seals on the windows so no leaks ! The canvas is original and in pretty good condition, there a few a small repairs that have been done in one corner but it has plently of years left in it.

There was a top box made professionally designed by the last owner to house two 6*9 speakers with plenty of storage room inside.
There is plenty of storage space inside the units for food etc.

There is a JVC head unit with built in DVD and colour screen, this is linked to a second screen in the back also, also two speakers in the doors, the sound is nice. The stereo also has av / audio inputs and IPOD connection / control.

There are a few extra guages, two nice original smiths gauges sit on the top of the dash for temperature and battery voltage, there are also two lcd displays showing the voltage of the main and leisure battery (new Lucas leisure battery).

Bodywork

The bus was professionally sprayed around 13 years ago,over last winter had new front arches and valance fitted it has held up well and shines up a treat most people who see the van comment on its great condition and colour although there are a couple of minor blemishes appearing around the bottom corners, they are not rot and just require sanding back treating and spraying..

Generally though the bodywork is great for a bus that has lived in the uk for the last 43 years, i have not been able to find any evidence of welding underneath and it still wears its original belly pans. As you can see from the pictures you wont see many buses from the uk with original floor pans like this.

The sliding door, boot lid, engine lid etc are all in great condition and again apear to have never been welded.
There is a 70s roof rack on the back. Also she has quarter light windows

All Doors and ignition work from the same key except the engine lid which most van owners never lock so quick access can be acheived but i have the key for this....

Suspension

The bus is lowered with Creative Engineering spring plates on the back with Spax Fully adjustable shocks on the front it has Spax fully adjustable shocks but I`m not sure what else, basically it can be dropped very low or raised to a couple of inches off stock height with its current setup if you so wish. Included with the sale are the White Powder coated wheels with nearly new white wall tyres and a set of wheels and used tyres which have been sprayed silver at the moment (could do with powder coating) which enables you to slam it to the ground as the photos show.
Axles are greased every year

Brakes

Standard drums all round recent new rear cylinders and shoes, front brakes have plenty left on them

History

The bus comes with some great history dating back to when she was new, she was originally from Bristol and has lived in Portsmouth, Stafford, Northants, Burton and now back in Stafford to my knowledge. i have the following

Original service book, stamped up until mid 70s, early service history right from its first service in 69 where a full service cost around £12 ! , loads of mots, information supplied with the aftermarket seat belts, loads of receipts for various parts, engine etc etc.Basically i have everything apart from a gap from about 75 - 85 where the owner didnt keep anything unfortunately.

General

Electronic ignition and new voltage regulator fitted

She has a towbar and electrics, i have been told this is a Westfalia one and quite rare but can`t confirm this.

MOT Until April 2014 and its free road tax. I have driven many trouble free miles in her over the last 18 months and i am more than happy to drive her for a few hundred miles now and expect no troubles.

New top quality petrol pipe (sae J30r9) recently fitted throughout

I also priced the number plate a year back and was told it was worth around £2000 (SHY STIG) but couldnt contemplate selling that as its original to the bus.

The following spares are included (will not sell separately) : Spare Table in excellent condition, 1 Cooker (excellent condition) 1 Cooker for spares, interior doors and panels, spare set of wheels and used tyres for dropping the van lower there might be other parts which if i find will include.

Included in the sale is a Kyham Motordome quick erect tent and ground sheet cost £375 and a portable fridge which we purchased in June for £175 which runs off 240v,12v,or gas and is a must if you are away for a few days or more it will make ice it goes that cold.

I think i have covered most things but im sure ive missed some bits, if you want any more pictures then let me know.

Latest posts