• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Rapido Exportmatic folding caravan for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbly

Reaction score
After four years, I'm selling my Rapido Exportmatic. I'm posting it here as i bought it to tow with my Early Bay but now the brood has grown and the Bay has made way for a T5 so I'm going bigger.

If you're not familiar, it's a hard-skinned, aluminium folding caravan that folds into a trailer size that is narrower and lower than a bay, so it won't act as a parachute as you're driving. It weighs in at around 700Kg fully-loaded and my bay sat at 55-60mph all day, happily.

I've just returned from the Medoc region of France and it covered more than 1600 miles at 70mph with no issues at all. It will easily sleep four and at a push, five - with more kids than adults.

There is a four seat dinette that converts to a full size double and a sofa that converts to a slightly narrower double. There is also an area opposite the kitchen that will house a cot or make a small bed for a little 'un while the kitchen has storage, double hob/grill and sink with electric pump and drain.

I have no idea of the actual age - the guy I bought it from reckoned late 80s, early 90s. It's in really good shape and is totally water-tight - we had three massive storms while we were away and nothing came in at all.

It has 240V hook-up and an on-board leisure battery to power the 12V side. There is a purpose-made Raclet awning that doubles the size as well. This is a bit battered around the edges and on some of the piping but like the caravan it is totally water-tight with no leaks or damp issues.

There are a few marks and areas of damage on it, as you'd expect - a couple inside on the roof, one on the floor and the very occasional dig on the outside. However, it really is very nice.

Once level, it takes around 5-8 minutes to erect and be water-tight. It had brand new black-out curtains and cushion covers before we went away, a new transit cover from CI Covers last year and I went through all the brakes before the recent trip. All good and the run-on brakes work perfectly.

It's now up and waiting a clean on the outside so any viewing is welcome. I'm in Bedford and I'm looking for around 1500. It comes with clean and waste water tanks, battery, a bottle of gas and a chemical toilet could be included if you really want.

Latest posts