• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Dormobile interior trims required

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Le_Savage

Reaction score
Hello all,
I've been mostly busy pulling my recently acquired 68 Bay Dormobile apart. Currently in process of installing new rear belts, leisure battery, inverter, split charge circuit, electric hook up, 240v and USB sockets and LED lighting.
Upon removal of numerous trims, the rear seats and the cool box to carry out the install I've realised that many of the hardboard panels and well past their best and need replacing, also the original vinyl is in pretty poor state and could do with replacing, that is if it is possible to source the original.

Does anyone know if this is still available or would it be better to look for complete original panels for sale? Also, is the thin panel foam also available? any recommendations?

If re-making the panels, I see that some retailers offer these, but all seem to be in MDF rather than good old fashioned hardboard. Any thoughts or preferences on these materials? For me, MDF, unless treated is susceptible to moisture and isn't very flexible, whereas hardboard is both. I have all of the original panels to use as templates with the exception of the sliding door trim and rear hatch trim.

Thoughts, guidance and suggestions all very welcomed.

Thanks, Justin

Le_Savage said:
, is the thin panel foam also available? any recommendations?

its called 3mm scrim foam can get it by the meter from...
http://www.martrim.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
where are you ? someone close to you may have the missing panels to copy

Harlequin said:
Le_Savage said:
, is the thin panel foam also available? any recommendations?

its called 3mm scrim foam can get it by the meter from...
http://www.martrim.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
where are you ? someone close to you may have the missing panels to copy

great link... some good stuff in there is getting the creative juices flowing... thanks!

I'm located in South Suffolk, about 20 mins North of Colchester.

Latest posts