68 Bay - Is there a quality 4 pot alternative to the CSP Delco caliper?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giraffeinbath

Reaction score
My 68 bay is fitted with the wide-5 CSP kit suitable for 14" steel wheels and the calipers are both shot with a full rebuild required to get them going again, rather than rebuild the crappy Delco calipers I'd prefer to replace them with a better quality alternative.

Willwood seem like a posibilty, but it's impossible to know whether everything will clear without having a caliper in hand to trial fit, from experience does anyone know of a specific good quality 4 pot caliper that will work with the CSP kit without the need for modification?

I believe the CSP is the only kit that can be used with a 14" steel wheel, it's the reason I went for CSP at the time. I should add I'm running 15" alloy sprinstars currently so the ability to fit 14" steelies again would be a bonus but it's not the end of the world if I can't.

David Slack's kits look good and I would be tempted that direction if I was buying now, but as I have the CSP discs and hubs I'm really only looking to find some calipers that are compatible with the curent setup.

I have a set of calipers that were from a CSP kit - brand new in a box unused.

Attachments

• IMG_2384.jpeg
    IMG_2384.jpeg
    436 KB · Views: 4
Thanks Clem, I'm looking to fit something better rather than replace like for like.

Out of interest, how did you end up with the spare set of calipers, did you fit something else?

Thanks Clem, I'm looking to fit something better rather than replace like for like.

Out of interest, how did you end up with the spare set of calipers, did you fit something else?
The third party supplier sent out some incorrect parts, and then sent out duplicate parts along with the replacements parts. It took about two months to get the order right.

Latest posts