1968 Amescador

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airtime

Reaction score
Hi there! :D

I am Bob and I come from Berkel en Rodenrijs. That's in the Netherlands near Rotterdam. I just bought my first baywindow! 8) It is a 1968 T2a Amescador conversion which fortunately came on my way for a very good price.
Amescador stands for Ames Campers Dordrecht. Ames was a VW dealer in the Dutch city of Dordrecht who built these campers. I am the third owner and it has less than 100k on the clock. Kilometers that is. 8)
It is all complete with the side tent and the back tent.

But enough talking, here are some pics:
42555.jpg

42556.jpg

42561.jpg

42557.jpg

42558.jpg

42560.jpg

Here you see the back tent on another Amescador:
P6015760t.jpg

I have to do some minor welding and some adjustment on the front brakes to get it through the APK (Dutch MOT). Then I'm going to enjoy it! :D If everything turns out well, we'll drive it to Tuscany this summer. 8)

I hope you like it!

I Like 8)
Welcome to the club - your bus looks nice, looks like it just needs a good wash as well. :D

Thanks guys! :D

It sure does need a wash! It has been parked outside for 38 years... :oops:

And the interior is perfect indeed! It's one of the reasons I fell for this bus. :p To keep the original upholstery in good shape, we're going to make curtains and covers for the seats.

Nice one on your puchase Airtime.

Van looks really good, nice and original :D

Welcome board - great earlybay and very rare conversion - love the out-the-back tent setup ...

Welkom hier airtime! Leuk nog meer nederlanders... of is dat het zelfde als op vakantie.... toch liever niet?
Sorry guys, this was a dutch intermezzo. :wink: :lol:

Hey surfbus! Jij ook hier? Cool! Enne geen probleem met wat Nederlanders hier op de site! 8)

And now back to English :D

Thanks for the great comments guys! I just bought some parts I need. I have a couple of days off and I'll try to get all the work done. I'll keep you posted!

It's been a while, but here's a small update:

Together with my good friend Leon (aka Mr. Volksaddiction I have been working on the bus. Welding on the right side took a little more time than expected, but it's almost finished (well, at least the welding required for the APK :roll: ). Hopefully, the left side is less work.
Unfortunately I forgot my camera, so no pics. :oops:

Oh, and by the way happy new year everybody! :D

Right! Time for another update.

The bus has an APK (MOT)! So It's legally on the road now. I'll probably pick it up this weekend and park it in front of my house. Then we can start stripping the inside. I'll post some pics when it's at home!

In case you didn't notice.... I'm HAPPY! :D

zeer leuke camper die je hebt 8) 8)
even wassen en rijden maar :lol:

verry nice camper you have 8) 8)
just wash it and drive it :lol:

Dank u, dank u! :D

Well, it's at home! :D
44991.jpg

Moss-look?

44992.jpg

8) :D 8)

Today we've taken out all the interior and started cleaning the inside.
44994.jpg

44995.jpg

Underneath the aftermarket groundsheet we discovered the original groundsheet! :shock: 8) And it was in very good condition, only a little bit dirty. Were going to fit some new groundsheet in.

New curtains are already made by the missus. Now she's going to make new upholstery for the cushions. We've not yet decided which colour, thinking of brown of dove-blue-ish. 8)

Latest posts