Got my hands dirty on Saturday

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddog

Reaction score
Time for an upgrade! :D

DSC00574.jpg

DSC00577.jpg

DSC00579.jpg

DSC00580.jpg

They are so nice - good one.

Was it an easy job as the pics make it look easy :lol:

fitted them on mine too

have you got the new master cylinder too fit too???

still got to fit mine, been to busy to get it done

gninnam said:
They are so nice - good one.

Was it an easy job as the pics make it look easy :lol:

Well worth the money!! Very easy to fit - took about 3hrs between fag breaks hehe.......instuctions are great too!
Very well made and layed out.
Stops like a moden car now :D

slammedresto said:
fitted them on mine too

No mate - I spoke to Machine 7 about m/cylinder. I did replace the original one a few yrs back. They said the new m/cylinder should already be ok for discs etc....
Im gonna give it a few miles road test sometime and check that theres no binding. If it binds then a new one will go on. :wink:

maddog said:
slammedresto said:
fitted them on mine too

No mate - I spoke to Machine 7 about m/cylinder. I did replace the original one a few yrs back. They said the new m/cylinder should already be ok for discs etc....
Im gonna give it a few miles road test sometime and check that theres no binding. If it binds then a new one will go on. :wink:

yeah, ssp recommended i change mine so they dont bind, mines never been done, so gonna get it done soon, im sure itll be worth it tho

slammedresto said:
maddog said:
slammedresto said:
fitted them on mine too

yeah, ssp recommended i change mine so they dont bind, mines never been done, so gonna get it done soon, im sure itll be worth it tho

Def worth doing as if it binds, it will cause too much heat with will fook up the whole kit as the ally will warp as will the discs and the bearings will get damaged etc....

ive done a few miles since i fitted them on the old m/cylinder, hope it aint done any damage :shock:

maddog said:
slammedresto said:
maddog said:

Def worth doing as if it binds, it will cause too much heat with will fook up the whole kit as the ally will warp as will the discs and the bearings will get damaged etc....

I take it the brakes are alot better now i would like to know as im going to do the conversion soon as the original wide 5 set up on my van are shite even though they are new.Look very nice to are they 14 or 15 inch versions
Cheers

Look like the only difference between the 14" and 15" are the calipers. am i right cos your calipers look different to mine.

Latest posts