Brighton Breeze 2019 - October 5th 2019

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clem

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Early Bay have been invited to display a line up of buses at this years Brighton Breeze.

Normal plan is to be able to camp at Brighton Racecourse on Friday evening then meet with any other attendees and drive to the seafront early on Saturday morning ahead of the cruise. We usually get 20 places - tickets must be booked as normal through the SSVC site, camping fees are not required for Friday evening.

As things stand I can't commit to attending so am looking for anyone who fancies coordinating things - its no biggie, just get people together and help line the vans up, Rikki James kindly oversees things too.

Any takers?

Further to the above post, I've volunteered to take up the organising for this years line up.

To take part you need to be able to meet up at Brighton Racecourse on Saturday Morning at 7.45am at the latest (we are able to stay overnight with the traders on the Friday night as long as we are well behaved) This allows us all to cruise to Brighton as we must all arrive on the seafront together.

Note that you will not be able to be part of the cruise from Hook Road on Saturday morning and be part of the line up as we line up at least 2 hours before the cruise arrives.

You will have to buy an advance ticket for Brighton Breeze in order to participate. Tickets are now on sale from
https://www.brightonbreeze.co.uk

No camping pass is required for Friday night but you will require a camping pass from the SSVC if you plan to stay on Saturday night (again at Brighton Racecourse). Please note that the event is advance ticket only and therefore tickets cannot be purchased on the day.

Only line-up participants are allowed to camp at Brighton Racecourse on Friday night.

List is limited to 20 people but as with previous events, I'll run a reserve list which often leads to a place in the line- up as there are always a few drop outs for unforeseen reasons.

If interested, please add your user name to the list below and confirm if you are camping on Friday night at Brighton Racecourse.

Thanks

1. Sydney, camping Friday

2. MCVW, Meet at racecourse Saturday morning
3.Analog, hopefully camping Friday, if not i'll be there on the Sat morning

Also just a note that it's on Saturday October the 5th

2. MCVW, Meet at racecourse Saturday morning
3.Analog, hopefully camping Friday, if not i'll be there on the Sat morning
4.tmcg, Meet at racecourse Saturday morning

Hello

Is touch and go if we’ll make it to this now having the roof lining replaced at trimmers which is taking longer than expected.

Will let you know next week either way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I completely forgot about this and as such didn't buy ticket. Website bookings are closed - so is it still possible to pay on the day (discounted rate as part of the EB lineup), or? Thanks.

as far as I know, I think tickets can only be bought early Sat morning at Hook Rd and can't be bought at Brighton seafront on the day
it changed last year ... I don't know what happens to those who turn up on the day or who are part of club displays
best to email the BB team direct from website
or park up top...

Cheers Clem/Sydney. I'll message a few people and see what the deal is. Being totally honest, last year's show was pretty dire (way too many t4/t5/t6 etc) andf if it means driving down and parking up top I rather not bother. Shame as the breeze was always a stalwart in the show calendar :(

Just a thought..the more people moan about modern buses taking over an event and start staying away then it becomes a self defeating prophecy...
isn't the way forwards to reclaim shows by turning out in numbers and showing everyone what real buses look like?
;) reaches for flak jacket

David Eccles said:
Just a thought..the more people moan about modern buses taking over an event and start staying away then it becomes a self defeating prophecy...
isn't the way forwards to reclaim shows by turning out in numbers and showing everyone what real buses look like?

...Or start new ones!??? That are good value for money... and actually get to see what you went for!! ;) 8) .....NJMO! :mrgreen:

Myvanway said:
David Eccles said:

...Or start new ones!??? That are good value for money... and actually get to see what you went for!! ;) 8) .....NJMO! :mrgreen:

Perhaps not Paul.
The calendar is already saturated with shows, too many in my opinion, but maybe the best way would be to support existing shows.
For whatever reasons the earlybay.com lineups have been poorly represented wherever the show is this year.
But this thread isn't the best place to discuss that though.....

Hello

I’m def not going to make it as bus still at trimmers [emoji853], anyone is welcome to my ticket although not sure if they are transferable as are based on registration?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STOP PRESS
I have just been told you CAN pay on gate on the day at seafront but CASH only....
sorry!
but numbers are limited
and sorry for hijacking I agree air coolers at shows is a totally diff thread..sorry again
I'll get my coat now...

Latest posts