Stanford hall this year?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austin

Reaction score
Seen a few other mentions with other clubs here and there, we having a turn out this year again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

Yes we will be having a Stanford Hall line up/display - details to follow.

Yes, Ninove is on too. March 17th.

Cheers clean, I know it’s early but count me in for Stanford! And I’m going to ninove this year, anyone else?

Just an advisory - club displays are full and I have requested a stand by slot. But, as things stand we don't have a plot. :(

I can only assume its because the wider spectrum of all VAG related owners clubs attend and i'm 'guessing' that later transporters will be well represented ...

Its done first come first served so it it what it is, they were full in February. Normally I apply early March and start issuing passes at Volksworld. I sent an email advising of our intention to display late last year, and I thought that after 10 years of filling a plot there, we would be sorted.

I'm trying to come up with a Plan B.

That’s a shame. It’s one of the few shows that we get a chance to go to and show Belle, and meet up with the Earlybayers.

Hope you sort it clem, would be really gutted to see shit loads of modern builder vans there and no early bay stand.

Keep us posted.

No no updates I’m afraid. Have to assume no line up this year now. :(

Has to make a person wonder what on earth is going through the organisers minds. I've always viewed the event as a 'Historic' and 'Vintage' gathering but over the last few years they have had more and more modern vehicles on display. Personally, I'm not interested in rows of T5/T6 Transporters, Audi TTs, Seat Leons and the like but it would seem the organisers think people prefer them to Early Bays...

I’m with you Pete, I’m really not interested in anything like that either, any organisers of the actual shows do their homework for these things any more?

Anything old and weird that someone has spent time getting on the road yes, stuff just out of warranty, no.

Oh darn it. I bet there will be space on the day though. Some clubs won’t turn up or something.
There is still time tho I guess.

shawn82 said:
Oh darn it. I bet there will be space on the day though. Some clubs won’t turn up or something.

I can think of at least one club/register that has a ten car space every year with only one or two cars in it. Go figure!

Clem said:
shawn82 said:

I can think of at least one club/register that has a ten car space every year with only one or two cars in it. Go figure!

It’s so frustrating. Same as last year I saw massive club space with 2 cars. Poo heads. Lol.

Even if there is space on the day, the knumbskulls on the gate will direct you miles away in gen pop parking next to a mondeo!

no nice line of EBs at SH for a photo-opp for the mag :(
what is happening in the classic bus world?
I will for one miss it and say as much to organisers! Not that they will care...

Latest posts