Volksworld Show 2019

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clem

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi

Volksworld Show time is approaching, we have been allocated a line up in the red brick area, so far we only have 5 spaces, but this may be extended to 10.
As last year, tickets are not free, and must be pre booked. Each display van is allowed a pair of tickets at £15 each. This is a fair saving a weekend advance ticket is £24.00, or £45.00 with camping.

Weekend displayers will get priority, but we may be able to shuffle stuff day to day if needed.

If I can get any expressions of interest please? At this stage assume both days 0900 - 1630. Thank you.

1. Clem
2.Darius
3. PeteB

Hi

Volksworld Show time is approaching, we have been allocated a line up in the red brick area, so far we only have 5 spaces, but this may be extended to 10.
As last year, tickets are not free, and must be pre booked. Each display van is allowed a pair of tickets at £15 each. This is a fair saving a weekend advance ticket is £24.00, or £45.00 with camping.

Weekend displayers will get priority, but we may be able to shuffle stuff day to day if needed.

If I can get any expressions of interest please? At this stage assume both days 0900 - 1630. Thank you.

1. Clem
2.Darius
3. PeteB
4. Dazza1975

Can people let me know when they have booked please?

1. Clem - booked
2.Darius - booked
3. PeteB
4. Dazza1975
5. Jon Eastwood

Sat - SiDev

Ten places confirmed now, so six more available...

I can fill a hole on the Saturday if it helps, but not the Sunday unfortunately.

OK - I've been offered the extra slots, but I may not take them if we are struggling to fill the original 5.

I'll give it a few days to see if slots get booked.

Point of interest - in the past we have filled up to 20 places with no problem. Is it the paying to enter now that puts people off? Or has the desire to display waned? Or ..... ?

Genuinely interested :)

maybe its the fact that there are SO many shows these days people are more picky what shows they go to?

joneastwood said:
maybe its the fact that there are SO many shows these days people are more picky what shows they go to?

I guess so. From my perspective, Volksworld is one of the few that is primarily aircooled still, so I prioritise it. I guess many people prefer the camping in a field vibe?

To be honest Clem, I've lost the love for VolksWorld.
Same old, same old for me, nothing exceptional to attract my attention now.
Not really interested in the million dollar show cars, all the club displays tend to be cliquey and ignore you if you ask questions or show any interest, and the food and drink is over-priced.
And last year the water-cooled transporters opposite were only interested in how much black smoke they could fill the paddock with.

I think perhaps I've lost the love for shows completely to be honest, a bit like the early 2000's. Much prefer to actually use the bus for what I originally bought it for, camping and road trips.

sparkywig said:
To be honest Clem, I've lost the love for VolksWorld.
Same old, same old for me, nothing exceptional to attract my attention now.
Not really interested in the million dollar show cars, all the club displays tend to be cliquey and ignore you if you ask questions or show any interest, and the food and drink is over-priced.
And last year the water-cooled transporters opposite were only interested in how much black smoke they could fill the paddock with.

I think perhaps I've lost the love for shows completely to be honest, a bit like the early 2000's. Much prefer to actually use the bus for what I originally bought it for, camping and road trips.

Yes I can see that. I think generally there is only so much ‘show’ most people can do without a break.

But, normally there’s plenty of new blood ... wheees it gone?

I agree with Sparkywigs comments on some clubs being cliquey, and "too cool to be nice", shame really because we are all supposed to share an interest. I've been going to Volksworld for around 20 years, mostly because I like the show cars that are arrow-straight with mile-deep paint, patina isn't my bag at all I'm afraid. It seems there are more and more T5's these days which is a shame, and the appeal is slowly wearing off, but they do have some of the best show cars in Europe on display. Typically I do about 4 weekend shows a year, and probably 10 other camping trips, long weekends, etc, 4 shows is enough these days.

Clem said:
Point of interest - in the past we have filled up to 20 places with no problem. Is it the paying to enter now that puts people off? Or has the desire to display waned? Or ..... ?

Genuinely interested :)

On a similar theme I read in this month's volksworld about last year's Brighton Breeze being quieter than usual - I found this really surprising as last time I was there a couple of years back, the weather was awful on the morning when it totally lashed it down (then eventually sunny on the afternoon) yet the place was packed & the number of VWs on display was huge, stretching the length of Madeira Drive.
So maybe it's not just the Volksworld show?

Can people let me know when they have booked please?

1. Clem - booked
2.Darius - booked
3. PeteB
4. Dazza 1975 - booked
5. Jon Eastwood

Sat - SiDev

I haven't booked as the 5 spaces are filled, if a space is available for the Saturday let me know and I'll bring the bus up.

Clem said:
OK - I've been offered the extra slots, but I may not take them if we are struggling to fill the original 5.

I'll give it a few days to see if slots get booked

Cheers Si, as the above was the last post on spaces available I assumed it was probably 5 again. In this case I've got lots to do to make the bus look semi-presentable! :shock:

We have 5 confirmed spaces of which 3 are actually booked. I haven’t accepted the extra five as it doesn’t look like we have the interest to fill them.

Ok Clem, just let me know if I'm on the display for the Saturday and if so what ticket I need to buy.

Latest posts