Bristol Volksfest 2019

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkywig

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all, Bristol Volksfest 2019 is back.

14th - 16th June 2019
Birches Farm, Long Ashton, Bristol, BS48 3RN

https://www.bristolvolksfest.co.uk

earlybay.com has been invited back on a club display pitch in the main arena again.
There's room for about 16 buses with room to camp, I'll post a link to get club display tickets later this month.
Please add yourself to the list below if you're coming, but first read the paragraph below.

"H&S Nitty gritty
Due to your pitch being in the main display and trade arena, there will be no vehicular movement between 0830 and 1600 both Saturday and Sunday.
This is to comply with current H&S rules as issued by the local licencing authority, and also keep the continuity of displays in all the prime areas.
Security will not take down fencing to allow anyone to leave earlier than 1600.
If you have members who prefer to leave earlier than our curfew, then they can always stay in the normal camping area. Likewise, if you want day visitors on display they can enter before 0830 and leave after the curfew, but please arrange this in advance.
I know it sounds formal, but we have to give everyone in the display/trade area the same message, I am sure you understand!
BVF Team"

OK, the ticket code is EARLYBAY.
This will apply a £5.00 discount on adult weekend tickets (tier 3) bought through club camping.
Maximum of 4 tickets per booking.
Can you make sure you add a pitch pass as well, not just weekend tickets when booking.

Thanks, wig.

sparkywig XPL 82G
Nick x 5
terrier man KFX 275F
marcher SKR 612G
Bundy MWV 359J (hopefully!!)

sparkywig XPL 82G
Nick x 5
terrier man KFX 275F
marcher SKR 612G
Bundy MWV 359J (hopefully!!)
who? UDV 248H
CreationBlue BHY340H

Change of reg number!
Bus now gonna be having new interior built so will be in Beetle again :roll:

sparkywig XPL 82G
Nick x 5
terrier man KFX 275F
marcher SKR 612G
Bundy XWJ 993M
who? UDV 248H
CreationBlue BHY340H
Ozziedog RJH 197H

Social Media states its on, the grass is wet and rain is expected but its all go.

The organisers have asked for patience getting in and out, as it will naturally take a little longer.

Have fun and stay safe everyone. :)

Due to the conditions of the ground across the site we will not be able to accept any more vehicles on site tomorrow. This goes for Campers and day visitors, with no exceptions.
This may change on Sunday but if the wet weather persists it's likely to be the same story.

If you are planning on driving to the site, please don't. However we'll be happy to welcome you on foot or by public transport.

To those that arrived today thank you for your patience, understanding and community spirit.

Our team have worked around the clock for the last two weeks to prepare the site, but despite our best efforts the weather has been against us and we are sorry that we won't be able to receive any more vehicles tomorrow - for those of our guests who have made it onto site, please be assured that to the best of our ability a full programme will run through until Sunday.

That's a shame, I was planning on coming down from Cheltenham tomorrow. I don't suppose you know if there's anywhere nearby that I can park and walk?

[EDIT} To answer my own question, a message on their facebook page says there is a park and ride that stops outside the ground.

"Just parked at Ashton P&R for free. Then hopped on x9 just outside. £2.50 for an adult single or £10 for a group day ticket to get us there and back. No problem"

See you tomorrow. :D

So? Did you go,? It’s such a shame when the rain gods conspire to mess us all about when all we really wanna do is park up in a field and chat a load of baloney over a cold beer around a campfire mainly about smelly old Volkswagens.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,is it so much to ask ?

Latest posts