Brighton Breeze 2018

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
............................Race Course Fri Night
1. Egotrippin ...............................Yes
2. Graham L................................Yes
3. Analog....................................Possibly
5. Mark Barker...............................Yes
6. sparkywig................................Yes
7. marcher..................................Yes
8. sjuhel.....................................Yes
9. toffo24....................................No
10. Pete B...................................Yes
11. veedubkev..............................
12. Roland...................................Yes
13. Belgian 2................................Yes
14. Belgian 3................................Yes
15. Belgian 4................................Yes
16. Belgian 5................................Yes
17. Sydney 1.................................Yes
18. Myvanway................................Yes
19. Lobtronics

...........................Race Course Fri Night
1. Egotrippin ...............................Yes
2. Graham L................................Yes
3. Analog....................................Possibly
5. Mark Barker...............................Yes
6. sparkywig................................Yes
7. marcher..................................Yes
8. sjuhel.....................................Yes
9. toffo24....................................No
10. Pete B...................................Yes
11. veedubkev..............................
12. Roland...................................Yes
13. Belgian 2................................Yes
14. Belgian 3................................Yes
17. Sydney 1.................................Yes
18. Myvanway................................Yes
19. Lobtronics

We have a couple more spare spaces. Not long to go now!

I'm tempted to drive down - but given that advance ticket sales are closed, and tickets are only available from Hook Road (from 2pm) I can't see how it would work :$

Sooooo looking forward to seing your line up people!! Will need to have a chat with a representative from your crew at some point on Saturday!! 😉

Cheers. Rikki

Hey guys,

Could you add me to the list for the EB lineup. I've exchanged PM's with Ego' (Steve) and will be meeting you tomorrow morning at the Racecourse for the cruise down.

Cheers,

Mike

Mixed feelings about the show this year!

The Earlybay display was very good. (Best display in show hands down IMO.) The company me and Adam were with for the evening was fantastic, (As was the Hippie Burger & Ale bar!) Thank you Steve & Graham and the guys. :D
The show was scatty (Disorganised) and trading was poor! :(
Saying this... Weather, The arches closing for refurb and price had effects from the feedback and vibe I was getting from peeps.... along with the H2O attendance jumbled up with the vintage vehicles.... Keep them down the far ends.... Not Us!!!!!!!

Brighton is such a Cool fantastic place, and to have it as a venue that we are so well looked after in by the SSVC, it would be a real shame if it went to pot!?

2013 & 2015 I attended and it was Fantastic! 8)

Might get told off for this, but some one has to say it.......! Get ya shit together event organisers of the SSVC.... !!! :roll:

These are my opinions!!

Myvanway said:
Mixed feelings about the show this year!

The Earlybay display was very good. (Best display in show hands down IMO.) The company me and Adam were with for the evening was fantastic, (As was the Hippie Burger & Ale bar!)
The show was scatty (Disorganised) and trading was poor!
Saying this... Weather, The arches closing for refurb and price had effects from the feedback and vibe I was getting from peeps.... along with the H2O attendance jumbled up with the vintage vehicles.... Keep them down the far ends.... Not Us!!!!!!!

Brighton is such a Cool fantastic place, and to have it as a venue that we are so well looked after in by the SSVC, it would be a real shame if it went to pot!?

2013 & 2015 I attended and it was Fantastic!

Might get told off for this, but some one has to say it.......! Get ya shit together event organisers of the SSVC.... !!!

These are my opinions!!

Totally agree Paul and not sure I’ll bother making the 340 mile round trip again, we were so far away we couldn’t hear the PA and felt we were not part of the show.

To be honest I and a few others were amazed at the poor quality of a lot of vehicles on show this year, loads of T25’s in primer is not what I went to see and the cost at £71 is getting ridiculous.

Its a shame to read this. I didn't go this year due a date clash, but after the last couple of years I had originally intended to take a year out. Both years were poor weather which never helps but since the arches have closed the event has lost something, and for me, the inclusion of non aircooled vehicles has detracted from what its about (for me). Less traders is another loss, but is one that is being felt generally across all events.

I've heard it said that we cannot moan about shows being 'taken over' by water coolers if we stay away and compound the problem, but it becomes an expensive protest. For me Brighton Breeze is over £120(?) before I've actually spent any weekend money. I really don't begrudge that on a good event, but a couple of disappointing years can put anyone off. :(

Traders were non existant this year Mike with only about 20 showing up compared to 50 in previous years but you are right since the arches have closed its lost the feel and buzz it used to have and whilst I can see why they put big groups were they did we were very removed from the rest of the show, real shame considering Earlybay.com has supported it so well over the years.

Brighton Breeze use to be amazing when the arches were in use, as the traders were mainly VW.
Myself and a few mates always use to have a stall that had parts we had gathered over the year and picnic shit my missus had picked up at the car boots, but the closer and the insurance SSVC required put a stop to it.
Weather is always key for the Breeze but the last 4 years or so the show hasn't really had any appeal to me, i go down to see a few mates a quick look about, then have a few beers! which is fine for me as i live here. But £71 is alot for a snide T-Shirt and a badge.

Show's like this http://www.brightona.co.uk/ bring in a huge crowd but also weather dependant but they only ask for a £5 donation, yes it's mainly motorbikes but there are bands playing, loads of traders and some hot rods too. i don't see how the SSVC justify the cost as its on the council website what it costs to close the road for the day.

A night in the travel lodge would give you a good time in Brighton for less.

Saturday night was good though lads.

My 11th one this year, and i felt it had lost what it was a couple of years back, i did say after last year i wouldn't park on the seafront this time, but as i'd not had the bus out many times this year i thought i'd give it another go

And like Darius said, since we stopped selling our quality items and his tat, along with other people when the arches closed it's definitely not the same, not their fault,
but i tried giving it a go the year the arches closed but when it rains down there without the cover it's totally pointless and really not fun trying to sell stuff, and hard standing makes it tricky to have a gazebo/awning.

I also understand what they are trying to do with putting the people who do the cruise in the middle of the drive, but everyone pays the same money whether you take part in the cruise or not, which i don't really have an interest in, but you get guilt tripped about that it seems, and also where they put us this year, it was rubbish right in front of those cafes for me.

Like others have said it weather dependent and the last 2 or 3 haven't been great on that front, not much they can do about that, but there is definitely a lack of atmosphere to how it was, and even with the racecourse back, it was half empty compared to last time there, i know the crap weather might have had something to do with that, but when the big traders can't even turn up anymore, like C&C or Heritage etc, who somehow sponsored it but couldn't be there with a stand when they are just along the road, somethings not right. I suggest they sort out a couple of marquees to house traders in, it might help bring people in?

Definitely too many brand new builders vans there as well, and even a Polo and a mk4 Golf? what's that all about.. i might turn up in my TT next year, if only to cut Grahams couple of hairs :D

Finally they do really need to have a look at the pricing, and please... no more 'Ska'

Hi all,

We the club take a big interest in your comments views and thoughts. It is extremely important to us that you guys attend and are happy with our event. So with this in mind, next year is going to be very different (including the date so that hopefully we don’t have another wet one!!) Anyway, please don’t be disheartened about this years event, changes are afoot (including your display location!). Will have more info as the plans are put into place.

Cheers all

Rikki

Latest posts