Slider Door Rubber - which is the top?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cunning plan

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Clipper / Microbus
DSCF4010_zps12a23dc0.jpg

The fatter section with a larger recess or the thinner section? :?

Anyone have any ideas or perhaps a picture of their sliding door rubber in place so we can work it out from that? :sign0009:

You need to fit the bit with the flap at the rear of the door recess mate, that way top and bottom will be in the right place. Simples ;)

Thanks for the reply buddy, but I'm not quite sure what you mean? :cry:

The bit with the flap goes where? What part are you thinking of as the rear? :msn4:

The upright Chanel closest to the rear of the van. Look at the seal, one length has a flap/ scraper sticking out. That length goes in the upright channel. Looking at the sliding door it will be on your right for a RHD and the opposite for a lefty.

Hope that makes sense now ;)

Sorry to hijack...I hope it all went well :D
I would like to know who did you get that seal from and whether you are pleased with the quality...it seems to be the most expensive bit of rubber in thewhole van, and I want to get it right first time :shock:
I seem to get cold creeping in fromthe back of the van, and it must be through the sliding door, as I just replaced the cab door seals withngood expensive c&c ones...
Any infomuch appreciated!
Thanks
Tonio

Hi bud, no worries, ask away, we all help eachother :mrgreen:

It went on okay with a bit of contact adhesive and a chisel to carefully ease it into place. Had to cut and adjust it in a few places and I need to finish off one of the bottom corners where it didn't stick that great.

I can't tell you how well the door shuts just yet as I haven't got it back on yet, but the seal is a C+C one and it seems well made.

Rexer said:
The upright Chanel closest to the rear of the van. Look at the seal, one length has a flap/ scraper sticking out. That length goes in the upright channel. Looking at the sliding door it will be on your right for a RHD and the opposite for a lefty.

Hope that makes sense now ;)

Got a new sliding door seal to fit and found your post...

So, on my LHD rubber the flap will be sticking out from the left (or should I say closer to the rear of the door), but does the flap face into the channel/recess or does it face outwards?

i.e. which side sits in the channel?

SlidingDoorRubber_zps0bbec76d.jpg

Hmmmm. This is an interesting thread indeed! I hope I've read it correct.

The bit with the flap I have goes (in my eyes), on the left of the door (next to the passenger door), as the top is the bit that is like a tube and the bottom has the cut out to wedge in to the outer sill.

However, the flap looks stupid as it sticks right out when the door is shut. So do I have a LHD rubber? :oops:

Think that may be on wrong dude

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

For anyone reading this later on, in my pic above I can confirm it is wrong :) I put the flap on the right side and the rubber look fine now!

It is a tighter fit down the sides though now. And the bottom is pretty lose so some glue will be needed!

Latest posts