Breather pipe - correct install!?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foz

Reaction score
So whilst my engine is out to have the engine bay tidied and new clutch & gearbox fitted I thought I'd tackle the breather pipe.

Is it installed correctly to relieve any oil pressure build up?

I researched and found articles suggesting a pipe running from the air filter onto the oil filler pipe is pretty adequate enough.

Only thing I'm concerned about is if oil were to travel up the pipe and into the air filter and ultimately the carb.

Any advice/opinions welcome
1d5b0e9a6e4760da7ccff2c3bb71d879.jpg

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Difficult to make out your picture. I think a lot of people take a pipe from the oil filler up to a breather box or just straight to an air filter. I think it’s best to have a T piece for the oil fumes to go to both carbs to balance it out. As far as I know it to do with how powerful your set up is as to whether you need a breather box or not but I would say you should not have much oil going up the pipe unless there is a serious problem.
I just have a small breather filter on the oil filler outlet with my newish dual carb 34 ICT set up.

I hear ya! Mines just a simple pipe from the filler onto an elbow which is mounted into the top of my air filter. I have just a single carb, so I'd no need for a T piece.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

On performance engines I always Mount a breather box as high as possible above the engine then have both rocker covers, oil filler and fuel pump block off going to them. Depends how highly strung that engine is, Is It a stocker with a blower bolted on or is it something that turns big rpm? I will say I can see that pipe filling up with oil due to the dip in the middle.

Latest posts