Fuels Lines

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subheatadey

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Its that time of the year when sparks up for the summer after sitting over winter. The problem with modern petrol is if it is left standing over time the ethanol separates and is very corrosive so basically rots your fuel pipe from the inside out until it is too late.
I have used 100% ethanol resistant fuel pipe from Advanced Fluid Solution https://www.advancedfluidsolutions.co.uk/55mm-id-732-100-bio-fuel-hose-diesel--petrol-2015-p.asp

My question is to all the scientists here is what if any difference is there between this pipe and the much cheaper Gates Barricade pipe? The Advanced fluid pipe is £13.50 per metre and the gates is half that, I'm not being a tight arse but why is it 'a lot' cheaper?

Hiya,
I have what you have on Boris and they are now four years old with no signs of any problems.
Can't find the discussion at the moment but after loads of experiments by a certain organisation
the consensus is that the plastisisers in the product mix are getting to high. In other words to much plastic.
It was then discovered that temperature , especially cold, has a dramatic effect on the hose.
The R9 specific hose I had on mine broke down within 6 months , hence the change.

I guess you get what you pay for.

J & P
:D :D :D

Hi Guys, I think I shall go for some more Advanced fluids fuel pipe, at least you can talk to the guys there which I like and I guess you generally get you pay for. I need 4 metres as I' getting some for a friend and it would have been quite a saving if I had gone for the Gates fuel line. But better safe than sorry :D You cant afford any slip ups and proper fuel line hose clips :D

Latest posts