A magnetic solar panel on my tintop

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wurd

Reaction score
Hi,

As I'm not a big fan of making holes in my 71, I was thinking about using a strong magnetic leaf (80g/cm² = 0.44oz/inch²).
Will it be enough, or is ther a risk to lose my panel during driving?

Wurd

They make a pretty strong neodymium magnets. The basic is to not get any air under the panel or it will act like a sail and fly off at higher speed. Think aerodynamic and spoilers.

Interested in how you got on with your solar panel, i have a tintop too and dont want to drill holes in it.

ximon said:
Interested in how you got on with your solar panel, i have a tintop too and dont want to drill holes in it.

How about adding a roof rack and attaching the panel to that? :?:

Plus, roof racks are neat. :mrgreen:

🤠was thinking about fitting one in back window were wardrobe is but not sure if it would work or not 🤔

this window at back is were I was thinking of 😩

It would work but not as well because it would be behind glass. Also reducing the effectiveness would be the vertical angle because it would not be facing the direction of the sun very much.
It could also get very hot in that position and perhaps could be a bit dangerous as a fire risk IMO.

Latest posts