Air Shocks for front of Bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeeZee said:
Mycha?

Have you notched your chassis at the back? I'm concerned ill need to do this to run the back something close to matching the front.

Yes notched at the back, the driveshafts were hitting the chassis :oops:
IMG_0010.jpg

Hey superfunkyfresh, I don't think the MA789's have the right mounting lugs to fit your bus. Check out the chart, it gives the lengths and a code for the upper and lower mounting configuration:

(chart is from this link and the mounting codes are explained on page 5):
http://www.monroe.com/assets/downloads/english/08_MountingLengthSheet.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi guys, i know it's an old treat, but I have a short question!
Can I use my original gas tank for airshock support?

I have a set of Monroe MA 803 shocks. I read you can twist the eye lid so the upper and lower match. Has anyone had any problems with their shocks after doing this to the shock? I just want to have a better ride on the front of my 78 bus. I am using Monroe air shocks on the rear of my bus. I like these shocks on the rear of my bus.

I can not find another air shock that will work on the front of my bus.

I have had the Monroe air shocks on the front of my 1978 VW bus for two seasons now. I like the ride. I have 30 psi in the front shocks and 40 psi in the rear shocks.

mike202 said:
What’s the advantage of air shocks over conventional ones ?
Are they height adjustable is that it ?
[emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yep the lowered fraction love them but compared to a koni they are rubbish and poor build quality too!

Rottenkid said:
I have a set of Monroe MA 803 shocks. I read you can twist the eye lid so the upper and lower match. Has anyone had any problems with their shocks after doing this to the shock? I just want to have a better ride on the front of my 78 bus. I am using Monroe air shocks on the rear of my bus. I like these shocks on the rear of my bus.

I can not find another air shock that will work on the front of my bus.

You can use a Gabriel hi jacker air shock.
Somthing like a 49230 from memory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dirty Harry said:
mike202 said:
[emoji848]

Yep the lowered fraction love them but compared to a koni they are rubbish and poor build quality too!

What model Koni are you using Harry ?

*Sam* said:
Dirty Harry said:
mike202 said:
[emoji848]

What model Koni are you using Harry ?

I have no idea, have to look it up!

I have air shocks on the front and rear of my 78 bus. Front air shocks are Monroe air shocks that fit the rear of a VW bug from 68 to 75. You just need to give the shock a 1/8 th twist to make it fit. The rear shocks are Monroe shocks of the rear of an Astro van. You need a longer bolt for the bottom of the shock. The ride with air shocks is nice.

Latest posts