Fuel hose

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r1pete

Reaction score
Hi
I'm just about to purchase some R9 fuel pipe does anyone know the inside diameter for the fuel tank up to the engine, currently at work so can't get to the van at the moment,
Thanks in advance

I've had a scroll through some old posts 🙄 and gone with some 5.5mm looks to be the right stuff 👍

Sometimes I wonder whether answering something like this is right or wrong.(moral dilemma)
The subject has been covered before, and R9 is not the good stuff. It deteriorates subject to
temperature change and the plasticizes there in, it is not as good as going to a specific supplier and purchasing
the correct stuff.

Some will say there is nothing wrong with it , well ok but my findings on my bus after 6 months were to
say the least dire. Yes it was R9 and installed as recommended.
I went to a company called, Advanced Fluid Solutions, you get what you pay for and this hose has been on my bus for 4
and a half years now, and showing no signs of any problems. I am in no way affiliated to any company so am not biased.

I hope that this helps and does not offend anyone.

J & P
:D :D :D

I'm with you gas1man r9 lasted about 9 months on my van I use bio fuel line and it's been on years and stil looks brand new

Hi I'm thinking of replacing my fuel hose and was going to use Gates hose which says it is ethanol resistant. Has anyone used their hose before is it what it says very good.

I bought a kit from VW Aircooledworks works
There is an interesting article about the fuel line vs ethanol problem as well on the site.
Hose size afaik is 5.6mm but up to 6mm is ok.

https://m.vwaircooledworks.co.uk/Fuel-Hose-Kit---Full-details.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Gas1man I've ordered the r9 stuff unfortunately but on the plus side I did order it from advanced fluid solutions have to see how it goes but I'll definitely look into the other stuff
Thanks for the heads up

Latest posts