Additional gearbox brace

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holeydub

Reaction score
So i've currently got the van over on its side to go through any rust issues, tidying up ready for some stone chip and a bit of paint and it has crossed my mind whether to fit an additional brace for the front of the gearbox like the crossovers have.

Just wondering what other have done and how you went about it?

I'm going to fitting a decent sized engine again 2110/2276 etc so I'm concerned the existing mounts won't have quite enough to get all the power to the ground. I've looked at an original crossmember and found one on eBay but as I've got matt balls notches in the rear it looks like it would clash so i think i'd struggle to fit it...

Any pics would be great to steer me in the right direction ;)
Ta Scott

I’ll send you some pics when I go down the workshop later of mine

mattp said:
I grafted in a late bay g.box mount (engine flywheel end), makes taking the engine out a piece of cake
Was thinking the same. Have a pigs ear bell end and the short arch that bolts across the ears, but that's as far as I've got.
Did you use the larger frame from a late bay or fabricate a different mount?

Used the late frame with some minor mods. There is no change to my fuel tank as I remember a guy in Europe did the same but without the mods and he then couldn’t get a stock tank in

Hubs said:
Was thinking the same. Have a pigs ear bell end

Ouch, I’m not sure you can even get medication to sort that out.

Did you go to University with David Cameron?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts