Oil temp gauge placement

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you mean gauge or sender ? My gauge is slung under the dash and the sender is tapped into the remote oil filter

Mines under the dash in a single gauge holder.
One of the best things I've got for the van. Get much more confident that you're not pushing it too hard on a long run.
Especially if it's hot and get caught in traffic.

have a 2 gauge pod under dash showing oil temp and pressure,+ 12v usb gauge for cigarette socket.

Elibomrod68 said:
Mines under the dash in a single gauge holder.
One of the best things I've got for the van. Get much more confident that you're not pushing it too hard on a long run.
Especially if it's hot and get caught in traffic.

How and what did u attach it to?? Any pics

cant get pic to load but try this to early bay facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/geoffrey.mccooke/videos/10211306142312193/?query=VDO%20GAUGE

atafonso said:
Engine life is dependant on keeping the oil temps in check, so i would get the gauge if i were you. Oil pressure is also important, so a two gauge pod is a good choice.

Abel

Agreed, lots of people waffle on about them being worry gauges and a waste money blah blah blah. However, I think vw should have fitted an oil temp gauge when the aircooled was in production. All water cooled cars have a temp gauge so why shouldn’t a beetle engine? After all these engines are actually oil cooled strictly speaking so in my opinion the temp of the oil needs monitoring. 75% of Vw engines fail due to being overheated and a having a gauge will prevent that.

K@rlos said:
atafonso said:
Engine life is dependant on keeping the oil temps in check, so i would get the gauge if i were you. Oil pressure is also important, so a two gauge pod is a good choice.

Abel

Agreed, lots of people waffle on about them being worry gauges and a waste money blah blah blah. However, I think vw should have fitted an oil temp gauge when the aircooled was in production. All water cooled cars have a temp gauge so why shouldn’t a beetle engine? After all these engines are actually oil cooled strictly speaking so in my opinion the temp of the oil needs monitoring. 75% of Vw engines fail due to being overheated and a having a gauge will prevent that.
I am a 100% with you😉

Even if people don’t want a gauge at least have 1 of those save my bug things which connect to the pressure light. Not as good as a gauge in my opinion but better than spinning a main bearing and being stuck on a the hard shoulder of the M25

Latest posts