cooling

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbo

Reaction score
Hi how can you tell if you have the cooling flaps fitted, I certainly can't see a thermostat underneath the engine and there is no rod hanging down. It also seems as though I have a bit of tinware missing as the pushrod tubes can be visibly seen. Is it an engine out job to fit flaps control bits, rod and thermostat. Have had a cursory look in engine bay and can't see any screws which would hold the flaps in place. Any help or advice greatly appreciated Thanks.

The flaps bolt to the bottom of the large fan shroud tinware. They kind of slot up into it and then there’s some screws to keep them held in place. Is your shroud original or aftermarket? Either way, engine has got to come out to fit flaps and stat. However, if you have an aftermarket shroud, not all of them have the fixing points for flaps, so you may also want to source an OG shroud for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you reach over the back of the fan shroud, right to the bottom and feel for a linkage bar running across the bottom of the shroud .. this opens and closes the flaps.. if its there the flaps probably are .. if not .. theyre not!

I'm not far away from you if you need a hand with anything :)

Hilly

Thanks for the replies, I think the shroud would be an original one but not too sure. I have had my arm down the back of the engine as far as I can but cannot feel the linkage bar, don't know if I have gone far enough. Thanks for the offer Hilly will pm you.

Latest posts