how to deal with holes left when fitting J tUBES

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejinx

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple of questions if i may? I have gone to J Tubes for now see how i go.

Question 1. what should i do about the holes left in the fan shroud and rear engine tin wear that the foil flexi hoses attached to?

Question 2. what should i do about the openings left since i removed the plastic air hoses that attach to the heat exchangers? I did read somewhere that a red bull can fits over them. I was thinking about a coke can.

Going for MOT on Monday so would like to do these last couple of jobs first. Doing it even though i don't need to grand kids etc

Thank you.

Not certain but a plastic end cap from a scaffold tube might do it or perhaps the plastic lid off of a spray paint can maybe, that’s what I ran for years as my wheel centre caps. Have a go at anything and everything in the garage and the kitchen cupboards, a little clean up and a couple of dabs of panel seal so it’s not too permanent just in case.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, let us know how it ends up bud. :mrgreen:

I had coke cans on the fan housing on my old beetle years ago then after a while the engine developed a strange whirring noise just after I lost one can. Can you guess where it ended up? :)

:msn4: Did something very similar yesterday when replacing the foam around the engine. Who new foam could make so much noise when the fan rips it out of place. :shock:

Latest posts