Lowering for idiots.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevvyd

Reaction score
Hi all, I know it’s been done to death
I have trawled through endless threads about lowering and have picked up some good advice but it’s so technical / varied and confusing.
So help me out ; I want either ....
1. A company nearish to Taunton Somerset to do the full monty , supply and fit the parts , narrowed beam , Dropped spindles etc ... any idea of a ballpark figure would be very helpful
2. Advice on companies who can supply the parts for me to find a local mechanic..

Money is an object but I want it done properly first time .. it will be used a lot for trips and camping ....

My van is so nose high I nearly took off driving it home when I picked it up last week ... (see pic) it’s a 69 bay, as far as I can see , all stock front beam with drums. Oh and moon eyes speed master alloys ..

Get hold of the chap called WHO on this forum.
He lives in Taunton and I am sure will be able to assist.
I stay in Langport but unfortunately don't know anyone local.
I would also pm Graham L from Midland Early Bay. They do it all the time .
It's a dark art to me and I leave well alone. :msn4: :msn4:

Good luck.

J & P
:D :D :D

Change of plan ... visited Spencer at the old dub shop in Bristol ...top man ... put an adjuster in beam and dropped her down a few inches .same day..still drives like stock and looks much better ...
May go more extreme in the future but happy bunny now..

Looks good. What tyres have you got on the alloys ? Also what did the lowering cost, I assume dropped spindles would have cost a lot more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Similar to mine. I got the same results by fitting 2" drop spindles from JK on the front and going down 1 spline on the back. Also fitted 185/60 R15 tyres which dropped it another inch and stopped 99% of rubbing on arches. I have new dampers for the front with will hopefully resolve the rub which I get when driving over speed bumps too fast :roll: Apart from that it drives better than at stock height.

gas1man said:
Get hold of the chap called WHO on this forum.
He lives in Taunton and I am sure will be able to assist.
I stay in Langport but unfortunately don't know anyone local.
I would also pm Graham L from Midland Early Bay. They do it all the time .
It's a dark art to me and I leave well alone. :msn4: :msn4:

Good luck.

J & P
:D :D :D

My shout would have been Graham at MEB.

I am sure The Old Dub Shop will help you out.

Hi Kevvyd

I keep driving past yours on my way to the wholesalers!

My bus is currently at N E Motors near Shelton Mallet having the engine tuned on the rolling road.

I’ll let you know how I got on.

Latest posts