Rust in the cab floor.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrs hoskins

Reaction score
No pictures sorry , but , is the cab floor structural ? I’ve just found a hole along the seam ( approx 4inches long) on the drivers side , where the floor joins the front of the wheel arch , by the rubber step . ( running north/south ) . I’m gonna get it professionally sorted , but would just like some idea of the seriousness, and of course it may have spread further.

No, it's not hugely structural. The strength in that area is the box sections by the cab steps, below the front panel, and the main chassis rails. The floor is just a skin. But worth dealing with it before it spreads :)

Thanks , that’s what I thought, the structure is sound and having gone at it with a hammer and screwdriver , the hole is about 4” long and half inch wide .... time for some angle grinding

Doesn't sound too terrible! Just make sure that you cut all the rot out with a grinder, before even beginning to think about putting new metal in. :)

Latest posts