Slight juddering

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGPlant

Reaction score
Driving today, the van is feeling to be juddering, mainly noticeable when accelerating in 3rd or 4th, stops when dropping down a gear, or prob less noticeable. Not sure what it is. Recently gone back to points & condenser & had carb cleaned.
Andrew.

I had this on my old Notch. Turns out the fuel tank had loads of crud in there and it was getting through.
Might be worth checking the fuel lines and filters too.

New points & condenser, ht leads and cap all ok. I had changed rotor arm from black to a new Bosch red one. Fuel filter just been changed. Is ok when accelerating just when driving steady. Will check plugs.

AGPlant said:
New points & condenser, ht leads and cap all ok. I had changed rotor arm from black to a new Bosch red one. Fuel filter just been changed. Is ok when accelerating just when driving steady. Will check plugs.

As Sparky has said, if it was ok before you changed the parts, start putting the old bits on one by one and see if that cures it. I always keep my old parts as spares in the van as I know they are good working items - which is more than can be said for some new ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts