Ram pipes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobster

Reaction score
Daft question but I've just had my engine / carbs tuned on a rolling road and one of the suggestions was that adding Ram pipes would also help.

If I now add them will this 'displace' anything that was done during the rolling road setup ?

Cheers

Hi,
Can't help with the Ram Pipes, but noticed you're based in the North East?

Where was the rolling road you used & would you recommend them?

Cheers!

Walt said:
Hi,
Can't help with the Ram Pipes, but noticed you're based in the North East?

Where was the rolling road you used & would you recommend them?

Cheers!

Hi, it was Motoscope in Northallerton. Yep they were really good and certainly knew their way around a set of carbs 👍

Ran pipes, trumpets or velocity stacks, whatever you call them yes they will make a difference to the performance. They condition the airflow entering the carbs and make throttle response crisper. Might pay to get gone over again after but the pipes are worth the extra time and money imo.

I'm looking at getting my 1641on the rolling road as soon as I sort out the IDFs on there.
I have looked in to trumpets and have been told even on a little engine like mine they will make a difference.
As has been said they improve the airflow into the chokes.

mr scoops said:
I'm looking at getting my 1641on the rolling road as soon as I sort out the IDFs on there.
I have looked in to trumpets and have been told even on a little engine like mine they will make a difference.
As has been said they improve the airflow into the chokes.

Yep, I was more worried that having had the bus rolling roaded and set up adding the pipes now would offset this and undo all of the good work as I can’t justify another rolling road session at the moment

Latest posts