3 Point Seat Belts on microbus folding middle bench seat

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike.s

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a microbus with a 3 point seat belt on the middle bench folding seat next to the sliding door?

It has the factory seat belt mounts with white plastic plugs in them. I can see on the other side, I can fit the 3 point belt, but on the folding seat side next to the door, the mounts are there, but the belt would pull across the gap between the rear bench and the middle bench seat making it a pain to get in and out of the back.

The mounts are there, so I figure there must be a way of doing this!

Thanks, Mike

the middle bench 3 points have the intertia reel mounted inside the rear panel, then it retracts out of the way when not in use, you need some bracketry to do it, ill see if I can find a pic

Hi David - Did you manage to get a pic of that seat belt arrangment?

Cheers, Mike

Thanks - I have searched everywhere (!) - possibly my choice of search terms, but I can't find any pics anywhere!
Would you be able to link to a pic you've seen if you get chance?
Thanks

Thanks David for the link - appreciated :)

I`m not sure if i have those two lower mount points which the bracket bolts to. I have an upper one above the right shoulder and then one in the floor under the seat aswell.

i`ll have to take a closer look tomorrow evening and see wha i have behind that rear panel.

Thanks

mike.s said:
Thanks David for the link - appreciated :)

I`m not sure if i have those two lower mount points which the bracket bolts to. I have an upper one above the right shoulder and then one in the floor under the seat aswell.

i`ll have to take a closer look tomorrow evening and see wha i have behind that rear panel.

Thanks

It bolts to the inner panel, all bays have it, the brackets are just bolted in

I took the inner card off tonight and removed the two bench seats so i could take a proper look. I have 4 seat belt mount points -

3 and 4 are for the rear 3 point belts. 1 and 2 are for the middle bench seat. I can`t see any other mount points at the bottom for the additional bracket you mention above. The two small holes circled in green are for the clips the inner card clips to.

I can fit a rear seat belt where the reel mounts at point 2, but then the bottom will connect to point 1 effectively leaving a seat belt draped across the gap between the middle and rear bench seats making it tricky for someone to get in.

Here `s the pic -

seatbelt.jpg

You have to drill holes for the brackets, I’ll see if there’s any better pics, instead of using 1 you make an extra point with the brackets

Ah - ok I see - thanks for looking :)

If you have a spare pair of brackets I'd be interested in them - let me know on pm or how ever.

Latest posts