Underfloor advice required.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exuptoy

Reaction score
Just cleaning off the half floorpan and have lots of bright metal showing. Whilst I don't have enough Epoxy 121 left to do the floor, I do have Rustoleum direct to metal. Should I just paint it or should I use Kurust then etch or is it just wasting product?

Hi. Got this email from Paul who was discussing how he was tackling my bus.

On bare metal etch is always used, its a key component in the paint process, after that you have your primers, high build and standard. The high build is basically a primer/filler to help remove surface imperfections, then the normal primer is used to get a fine finish for top coats. All the paints i use are 2k. The photos will show different colour primers as the paint process progresses. The other products i use are Raptor which is a 2k polyurethane hard wearing topcoat, this is used on the underside to really protect the painted metal, and after the whole underside is wax coated and injected.

Ive used alot of the products they use on early bay...zinc primer, Rustbullet, POR15, they all work in there own right but i tend to stick to one manufactures products on a job to reduce and chances of reactions. In your case it is all Upol primers, hardeners and Glasurit ,Besa Urki for topcoat paint

Hope this may be of help.

Cheers dude. Too late for this one now but I will keep this in mind in the future. Maddening thing is I usually use etch primer! I have read that with rustoleum works better direct to metal without primers and others have had issue wen used with primer hence my decision to leave it this time.

Latest posts