Brake pipe bending

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejinx

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I bought brake pipes in the end, see the brake pipe thread. Got them on offer from GSF :msn4: enticed by 55% off. They seem well made but are all to long. So the ones from the flexi hose to the 3 point brass connector under the bus are about an inch to long can I put kinks into them so they fit properly. I am using a brake pipe bender.

I know that will be the answer but why should u need to cut ready made brake pipes when u pay for the convenience. I am well aware that there is no such thing with these vans as POs may have botched or moved things previously

Take them back and buy some copper and a flaring tool and just make your own! How much did you pay for them??

Yes you will be fine having a longer curve in the if necessary, chances are yours have been changed, bend them slowly over your thumb to prevent kinking.

I have a pipe bender, spoken to a mate of mine and we have come to a the conclusion we can put a larger bend in the pipe. as long as they don't touch the body work anywhere and fit nice and smoothly into the flexi hose i think that will work. I paid £23 for a full set so not that worried about them braking

thejinx said:
I have a pipe bender, spoken to a mate of mine and we have come to a the conclusion we can put a larger bend in the pipe. as long as they don't touch the body work anywhere and fit nice and smoothly into the flexi hose i think that will work. I paid £23 for a full set so not that worried about them braking

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, no pun intended ^^^ I’m sure :mrgreen:

Latest posts