Dormobile bunk covers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OliTom

Reaction score
Guys, I've got a question about dormobile bunk covers if anyone can help please.

Why do the original covers (that wrap around the closed bunk) have two rows of fastening holes at one end about 6" apart.

These holes sit over little "clamps" on the side of the roof that twist and hold the canvas snug.
you can see them better in this pic
image011.jpg

Nice bus! Thanks very getting back. Do you know why each cover has two rows of those twist locks on one side though? I know one side is screwed it the roof behind the plastic trim but the other side is folded back on itself with the two rows. You can just see it in my picture. I've also seen other covers like this so it must be original. Cheers

I'm guessing here but I read somewhere you can leave the sleeping bags in the bunks even when the bunks folded up. It's a nice idea for sleeping bag storage if it works. So the second row may be to accommodate this....

Were sleeping bags even invented back then ? maybe it was designed for a couple of blankets which would be skinnier and might work....

I did try rolling modern sleeping bags in the bunks and it didn't work - too fat, but my covers don't have the second row of holes...

That would make excellent sense if true Matt. If not the original idea, a blooming good one.

I’m thinking of getting new ones made, using these as templates to brighten and freshen the bus up a bit. So I originally asked as I was wondering if to copy these exactly or just make to the first set of twist lock holes.

Latest posts