Headlining

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andynods

Reaction score
Hi All.

I’m just wondering about headlining.

My bus is having a top half resto and will need new headliner as old disintegrated!

It’s a Devon pop top so am I right in thinking I can’t use an off the shelf kit?

I guess the cab but is the same (?) but is the rear going to have to be bespoke because of the pop top?

I guess I’m asking for advice or a link to a product designed for my situation.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m thinking that the Devon used a regular cab ceiling / roof lining and the rest of it like the rear and the sides were made from just glueing a similar fabric to any exposed metal on show, but this is from memory. I’m sorting mine as we speak using foamex over celotex but I’ve been doing it for a long long time. The pop top itself was easy and so was the front cab but I still like the look of the original fabric too. Have a look on some of the trimmers web sites like Bowles or Delilahs etc.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,other trimmers are available :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
I’m thinking that the Devon used a regular cab ceiling / roof lining and the rest of it like the rear and the sides were made from just glueing a similar fabric to any exposed metal on show, but this is from memory. I’m sorting mine as we speak using foamex over celotex but I’ve been doing it for a long long time. The pop top itself was easy and so was the front cab but I still like the look of the original fabric too. Have a look on some of the trimmers web sites like Bowles or Delilahs etc.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,other trimmers are available :mrgreen:

I thought it would be something like that. So did you buy something like this and then made it work?

https://www.justkampers.com/vw-t2-bay-window-parts/interiors/headlining-kits-sunvisors/headliner-vw-t2-bay-1967-1971-perforated-vinyl-off-white.html

No ,,, I just didn’t bother finishing it off :shock: I’ve got the pop top insulated with celotex and a foamex sheet fitted with a nice bit of vinyl wrap over it, the cab is celotexd and a fitted lining but I can’t get the nephew to vinyl wrap it for me because he’s gone a bit crazy busy at the mo. Same with my super duper vinyl vertical blinds, so it’s come to a bit of a dead stop right now which is a proper pain. Have a look here.
http://forum.earlybay.com/app.php/video?mode=view&id=23

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, short on motivation too ( lazy ) :mrgreen:

Great video [emoji106][emoji3]

andynods said:
Great video [emoji106][emoji3]

Made me laugh too. I was trying to show you how the vinyl on foamex on celotex looks :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, it’ll be finished one day,, maybe :mrgreen:

Latest posts