Oil Pressure Sender ideas

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andymac0143

Reaction score
Hi all.

I've bought a new oil pressure sender from JK to run an aux VDO gauge and still have the pressure standard light.

The only way to fit it direct to the block I've been told (in front of the dizzy on a 1700cc type 4 engine) is to trim the tin wear, which I don't like the sound of.

A brain fart I had last night would be to fit a 45 degree elbow to the block to bring it above the tin wear and mount the sender unit to that.

The sender thread I believe is M10x1 and I'd need a male one end and female the other end to marry the two.

Anyone got any ideas what I need to look for or where I can find one?

Alternatively are there any other solutions people have come up with?

Have you tried eBay? Should be lots of choice on there, I'm on my phone so cannot link. :shadey:

Sorry, just realised you have a packaway engine. Therefore my response in void lol

VDO 5 bar oil pressure sender with 2 spades one for the gauge and one for the dash light oil pressure light, just remover your old oil pressure switch, have this on our bay/splitscreen and mk1 golf all running VDO gauges

I had the same problem bought, a coupling from "Deamon Tweeks" sorted
will send you a photo tomorrow

K@rlos said:

My solution. Oil pressure light, pressure gauge and temp sender

Anymore details and pictures of this please?

:poke:

Sorry to original poster :sign0006:

Check on ebay for a SUBARU 3 way port.
I bought on I think its called an oil and temp sensor port.

Try 222689635899 this number in ebay

J

gas1man said:
Check on ebay for a SUBARU 3 way port.
I bought on I think its called an oil and temp sensor port.

Try 222689635899 this number in ebay

J

That number does not work and that search term just returns a load of charging sockets? :poke: :party0021:

So the company is listed on ebay as this

rspecpp-uk-ltd

They also have a web site

WWW.RSPEC.CO.UK

Hope this works.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Multi-Oil-Temp-Pressure-Gauge-Adaptor-For-Subaru-Impreza-RB-WRX-STI-Turbo-P1-/282744191545?item=282744191545&ViewItem=&nma=true&si=CSFpV3m8ZlKr%252FDPB3Hxb95uMzWU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Above is what I bought.

J & P

gas1man said:
So the company is listed on ebay as this

rspecpp-uk-ltd

They also have a web site

WWW.RSPEC.CO.UK

Hope this works.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Multi-Oil-Temp-Pressure-Gauge-Adaptor-For-Subaru-Impreza-RB-WRX-STI-Turbo-P1-/282744191545?item=282744191545&ViewItem=&nma=true&si=CSFpV3m8ZlKr%252FDPB3Hxb95uMzWU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Above is what I bought.

J & P

That one works, good man! :party0047: :shadey:

I used a new shirt brake hose, flexi ones are all m10 fine thread so it works well. You have to earth the pipe though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts